Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

my compactdrive... oh no!

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 :'(~~~~ *SaD*

my compactdrive....
well, I always plug it into the power when using it with my computer, but this time, for the first time, had normal non-rechargable batteries in it... forgot about that............... and today when I grab my compact drive to bring with me, the power plug wouldn't come out, then I maneged to pull it out and released that ts all meltedish and brown with the battery juices which seems to have leaked out.! So I opened it up, to check if it leaked inside, some got on the HDD, so i tried to take the HDD out and it hit the table a bit when i slid it out, now it rattles when I shake it - is that normal for a notebook HDD? oh no! oh no! SadSad im so worrried

I put the HDD back in and plugged it in, and it won't even turn on!
I think its the power plug... yuk! yuk!!! EW! so bad Sad
AH! and I'm going overseas on Wednesday and this was to be my photo storage device... rar!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~```````````

Or is this a sign to update to the PD70X? haha Sad
noOOOOOOO Sad

Doh! Sorry to hear about the drive.. hope you can work something out before your trip, adam!

perhaps my friend Mr Money will help me Sad *starts looking*

oh no! Sad
That's terrible news adam. Lets hope at least the drive is OK even if the enclosure isn't. Sounds like it could've been a lot worse though (ie it could have caught fire! :o )

I'm glad Mr Money is your friend... he's my sworn enemy! Tongue

Good luck! (and have a great trip)

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Mr Money isn't even a casual caller in my life at the moment! Sad I think I left him in England on my recent trip.

Sorry to hear about your drive Adam.

Such a drag. Sorry to hear this Adam. I was at a dog show Friday evening and the top of my camera bag was unbuckled. I grabbed it and my 70-300mm fell out and hit the concrete floor. So glad it isn't an expensive lens. I haven't bothered to try it yet though.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Ouch... hope your lens is ok too, Peto...

Ah yes - that sickening feeling you get in your stomach. I remember when my 2 year old son found my belt bag with my Pentax SLR and lens in it. He decided to throw it down the woodedn staircase onto a concrete floor - believe it or not but it survived undamaged Smile

Canon stuff.

Talked to my father about it again, and he said that I can buy another one then, so here I go again, on a search for another portable storage device. I remember Kombi writing a lot in some posts about them, so will have find it, have a read... At the moment I'm considering the compactdrive PD70X - but hopefully never repeat the same accident Sad

I also hope I can reuse the old HDD Smile

Dunno how feasible this is, but would it be worthwhile buying a whole stack of memory cards (especially in malaysia/singapore where they're cheaper)? That way you wouldn't be putting all your eggs in one basket...

Did you lose any photos on the compactdrive by the way? It would have been terrible if that had happened at the end of an overseas trip, when the drive was full of photos... perhaps it's a blessing that it happened now instead of later. Big Grin

Didn't lose any photos! I emptied my compactdrive a few weeks ago Smile Have just been using it as a cardreader SmileSmile yay!

I'm also going to buy more memory cards in Malaysia and Singapore, but does not give that feeling of "unlimited shooting" when taking photographs haha.. yes, it's for the feeling, that I'm not scared to spray.