Color, Hue: Mode 1a. 0
Saturation: Normal
Date: 200/11/07
Metering: Matrix
Shutter: 30
Aperture: f29
Mode Exp: +/- W. -.3
Focal Length: 62 mm[Image: overpass%20at%20night1.jpg]

I really like your processing and color treatment - it gives the photo a sense of mystery.

Whenever I see a photo with a strong leading line like this (top to bottom), my eye is immediately drawn to where the line ends - I expect to find the true subject of the photo there - and I always feel a bit unfulfilled when there is nothing to be found. I get that feeling a bit with this shot - even though I don't really know what I would expect to find.

Anyway - great technique on the processing.

I like your picture. The color of your post processing is great!

If the roof is your subject, a more dynamic composition can make it more interesting. perhaps in diagonal? leaving one corner brighter with more detail than the other one.

Did you worked more compositions with this roof?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

DJ,

I might have missed something elsewhere, but I don't understand all of your settings. What does soft development mean? and the color / hue mode?

anyway, good thought, and nice treatment, but I don't really like the strongly burnt left part of the picture, was that a street lamp? The moon?

Greetings! Uli

Toad, Irma and Wulinka,

Thanks all for your comments. Toad, sorry there was nothing at the end of the road for you. Didn't mean for there to be a let down. Irma, sorry, only one shot taken (not enough space left on my cards), Wulinka that bright light that looks burnt out comes from a street post. Oh, and the settings you are referring to come from an "optimizing images" setting on the Nikon D70. This option has presets which will adjust sharpness, contrast, color reproduction, saturation or hues according to certain types of situations you shoot (i.e. make landscapes look greener or more vivid, make faces look softer, etc.). It also has a custom option so you can have creative control.

Thanks again,

D.J.
Thanks again. I'll have to try another

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by jjford43
Aug 14, 2016, 00:00
Last Post by Jocko
Aug 5, 2016, 11:51