Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

problem importing raw files

Hi,

I've just taken delivery of my new D300 and taken my first set of shots. I took one in jpeg, and the rest of the bunch in raw. Apart from the change from jpeg to raw, I firstly have not changed any other settings in camera.

All the photos are showing up as normal on the LCD when I flick through in camera.

When I try to import, using both PS and Lightroom, neither recognise the raw files and will import them, but at the end say error problem with files and I cant open them.

Confused..... would there be setting in LR or PS to change, or something in-camera? Raw files from my D100 come in no problem at all.

Luke.

be honest... I can take it.
-

www.lukeray.com

Do you have another card you could make a test? Maybe the card is the problem?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

All RAW files are different between cameras. If you have software that preceeds the issue of the camera then it is unlikely to accept them straight away. Have you downloaded the software that comes with the camera? If you have and it still doesn't work then you need to download a patch from adobe. (depending on what PS you are running you may need to upgrade.)

so, a D330 patch for lightroom? ahhh ok, I see.

-

www.lukeray.com

Lightroom 1.3.1 is what you're looking for. ACR has been updated as well. You can update them both through their respective applications.

Congrats on getting the D300! I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions of it. It seems like a fantastic camera.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

ok its done. thanks for the help. im all up n running. now if I could just figure out all this little settings and configurations...... Big Grin

-

www.lukeray.com

How do you like the cam anyway? having fun? share some first impressions!

Uli

well, firdt 48 hours is good, but mostly searching through it and spending time with my nose in the manual to brush up on whats different form the D100... which is..... alot!!!! Big Grin

life is a bit hectic at the mo. will post up when I get time to have a real play. I wouldnt promise anything this side of chrsitmas. Big Grin

see ya.

L.

-

www.lukeray.com

Agreed with essaljay:
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html\

Quote:Newly supported cameras for Camera Raw 4 and Lightroom 1

Support for the following cameras has been added from Camera Raw 4.2 to 4.3 and Lightroom 1.2 to 1.3

Canon
EOS-1Ds Mark III
PowerShot G9

Nikon
D3
D300

like I said... all done.

thanks. Smile

-

www.lukeray.com

Possibly Related Threads…