Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

recent images

The opportunity, through Shuttertalk, to get some comment on my images has reawakened my enthusiasm.                

(Jun 10, 2013, 13:39)Dean Wrote:  The opportunity, through Shuttertalk, to get some comment on my images has reawakened my enthusiasm.

This is great to hear Smile

Love them all. Especially the first one. Have you thought about placing the flower in the center maybe?

Thanks, Korry. It started off in the middle but there was a stem on the left that I cropped out. My main concern was the background. Should I have a go at blurring out more whatever it is that is creating those orbs?

Interesting experiments. I like that you are not shooting the big and obvious things.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks for sharing your recent images. I am also more partial to the first photo if I had to choose one. Love the others, though!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Jun 10, 2013, 15:52)Dean Wrote:  Thanks, Korry. It started off in the middle but there was a stem on the left that I cropped out. My main concern was the background. Should I have a go at blurring out more whatever it is that is creating those orbs?

I wouldn't touch the background Smile

Awesome. I started to go back on the first photo. The contrast of the flower color really matches the background that makes it really stand out. Facing a the flower and try to diffuse your source of light or have it bounce to some directions just to give a diffuse transition on those shadows from the highlights would make the image more interesting. Also I would remove the other stem on the back left area where it really take away my attention to the subject.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Thanks everyone. I really do appreciate the feedback.

You really have talent for macro photography - many people can take photos of small things, but yours definitely have a great feeling to them. You could submit the barbed wire one to any photo contest you want, it's absolutely stunning!

(Jun 12, 2013, 13:52)kNox Wrote:  You really have talent for macro photography - many people can take photos of small things, but yours definitely have a great feeling to them. You could submit the barbed wire one to any photo contest you want, it's absolutely stunning!
Thanks kNox, you’re too kind. I intend to put the "barbed wire” and damselfly shots into our local camera club competition when we start again in September.

Nice composure! # 1 is very soft and pleasing. #2 has great comparison between the harshness of the wire and the softness of the flower. Keep on posting these are very nice!

(Jun 21, 2013, 06:15)Jimbo9948 Wrote:  Nice composure! # 1 is very soft and pleasing. #2 has great comparison between the harshness of the wire and the softness of the flower. Keep on posting these are very nice!
thanks. No 2 just jumped out at me to be taken. I have printed this one off and think I need to go back and sharpen up some bits of the wire to get a better effect.

#1 - Beautiful shot. Well captured, the DoF/bokeh is delightful, with good colour tones. Have you thought of cropping square?

(Jun 30, 2013, 04:42)YveeE Wrote:  #1 - Beautiful shot. Well captured, the DoF/bokeh is delightful, with good colour tones. Have you thought of cropping square?
thanks. I have sometimes had to crop an image to a square format to remove something that “shouldn’t be there” but I am never happy with the shape. A rectangle just seems more natural to me. What do others think?

(Jun 30, 2013, 06:27)Dean Wrote:  
(Jun 30, 2013, 04:42)YveeE Wrote:  #1 - Beautiful shot. Well captured, the DoF/bokeh is delightful, with good colour tones. Have you thought of cropping square?
thanks. I have sometimes had to crop an image to a square format to remove something that “shouldn’t be there” but I am never happy with the shape. A rectangle just seems more natural to me. What do others think?

Depends on the image, really. In this case, I think a rectangle is better. In fact, there are few cases when I'd rather have a square image.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Dean
Aug 22, 2013, 02:12
Last Post by melvin
Apr 19, 2013, 19:04