Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

reflections.. anyone got that bug?

i am interested in various reflections to alleviate my boredom. Here's a few of mine.
The pool pic is a reflection in a window that is 2 floors above a pool that is bathed in sun. Key thing is wall was in shadow! I was 60feet away and 6 floors higher.

I get different pics depending on the glass type. If glass is flat and set at slightly different angles it produces squares of different pictures.
Glass that is slightly warped produce crazy unexpected effects.
One pic is light reflected onto a plaster wall from a glass wall and it is projecting the image of shutters from across the road on to the blank wall .
Other pics show a jumble of traffic signs etc when camera angle faces down at lower angles.
Sometimes i get almost surreal pics that seem to have faces in the glass even upside down faces.. One there i can see spooky faces, another seems to have a gorilla looking out.
One pic of myself standing on patio of distorted building, reflection from across the opposite side of street. A couple of pics with faces that didn't fit upload. Post them after these.
Maybe my imagination is a little too fertile.
Anybody interested in this stuff and have you got any yoiurself? JIM T

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome! Thanks for sharing with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I love these. Yes I have tried it but you do it much better than I.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

This one of my Favorite Pics I took back in the 80's I think it was with a Pentax K-1000. The park near my house flooded giving me an opportune view of a trash can that was submerged half way.

Cool - when I first looked at it, the can appeared to be falling in the air. Cool effect!

Thanks again for sharing with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I have this posted on other thread but that's an old one. Whenever I see something that can reflect or make any reflections I shoot with it.
[Image: _DSC58992_zpsfb0d7add.jpg]

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

I tried some reflection photos when I first got my camera, but quickly gave up on it - these are so great though that I'm going to try to take some of these photos again!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post