Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[rel] Roses

I was practicing getting good focus in macro with vibrant colours (I had been having problems)
The Pinks:
[Image: rose_pink_1.jpg]

[Image: rose_pink_2.jpg]

[Image: rose_pink_3.jpg]

[Image: rose_pink_4.jpg]

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

The Whites:
[Image: rose_white_1.jpg]

[Image: rose_white_2.jpg]

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

Opps for got the last white
[Image: rose_white_3.jpg]

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

not too badd ..
iwouldnt mind a macro lens ..
but too exp for me rite now ..

I bet these were stunning at full size. Very nice! Big Grin

Cave canem

Dewy... I kid you not - I have so many of the same shots, as my parent's place has lots of rose bushes...

Are shuttertalk and dewy related? or has dewy been shooting in shuttertalk's parent's place?
I don't have many flowershots; but I've taken one or two before, but its not here on my laptop with me at the moment, it's backed up on my sister's computer; I'll retrieve it soon: some time this week Smile

I don't have any roses around my house; unless I jump over the fence to neighbours house, or take the ones coming over to my fence, then theyll think I'm spying on them Smile haha

Yesterday while trying to shoot some closeups on leaves on trees, it was quite difficult to avoid the blur because the wind would blow it, causing it to move and come out of focus Sad

What settings did you use to take those? Did you use flash (I'm guessing you didn't?)
I like the water/dew on the flowers, I'll probably bring a spray bottle with me next time I go flowershooting, and maybe some things to reflect some 'natural light' around it Smile

*hint* peter, let's go araluen Wink

yeah .. we'll go in spring when the flowers are in full bloom .. ill drive us there .. n long as well ..

adam Wrote:Are shuttertalk and dewy related? or has dewy been shooting in shuttertalk's parent's place?
I don't have many flowershots; but I've taken one or two before, but its not here on my laptop with me at the moment, it's backed up on my sister's computer; I'll retrieve it soon: some time this week Smile
Yeah Shuttertalk and I are long lost relos =P, j/k. These shots were taken at... cant remember, that place where the guy makes Dr. Jurds Jungle Juice

adam Wrote:I don't have any roses around my house; unless I jump over the fence to neighbours house, or take the ones coming over to my fence, then theyll think I'm spying on them Smile haha
Oh the joys of photography =P, The Drug dealers across the raod are worried I am going to sell the photos to the police I think. =P

adam Wrote:Yesterday while trying to shoot some closeups on leaves on trees, it was quite difficult to avoid the blur because the wind would blow it, causing it to move and come out of focus Sad
Get a peice of strimng and large chunk of metal, or other heave object, and put it around the brand/stem and that could possibly hold it down and make it a little more sturdy, just guessing, no promises.

adam Wrote:What settings did you use to take those? Did you use flash (I'm guessing you didn't?)
I like the water/dew on the flowers, I'll probably bring a spray bottle with me next time I go flowershooting, and maybe some things to reflect some 'natural light' around it Smile
No flash, just the Macro mode on my camera, and about 20-30cms away from the, the water/dew on them is/was natural the shots were taken on a 'cold' day at about 10:00am

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

Rufus Wrote:I bet these were stunning at full size. Very nice! Big Grin
Are you hinting at something there?
If any one wan'ts larger versions of ANY of my pictures for personal (NOT COMERCIAL) purpose feel free to ask

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

dewy Wrote:These shots were taken at... cant remember, that place where the guy makes Dr. Jurds Jungle Juice

Hey, my dad happens to make Dr. Jurds... heheh just kidding Smile

What's Dr. Jurds Jungle Juice?

Issit good ..we dont have any of them in perth ...

Dewy, I noticed that the white rose shots are a shade or two darker than the reds... I just happened to have read about this somewhere... In any of the 'auto' modes, your camera will always seek to make the image overall grey (18%, actually) by adjusting the exposure. To shoot a predominantly bright white subject, you have to over-ride the exposure... you can either go manual, or some cameras have an EV compensation feature to brighten or darken the photo.

I'll try to track down where I read that...

EDIT: Found it... http://www.shortcourses.com/using/exposure/chapter3.htm

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
May 26, 2017, 10:22