Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Magical Gatineau Park, Quebec!

Back from the beautiful Gatineau Park in Quebec. Managed to shoot almost 200 frames in about 4-hrs. Pink Lake was gorgeous and the roads I was driving on were magical. Here are three images, more to come later. Photos are not cropped, these are full frame shots. All shot with my 30D and Sigma 17-70 lens, ISO-160, AV...
Enjoy and comment as you wish!

[Image: Oct-09-2006-103.jpg]

[Image: Oct-09-2006-046.jpg]

[Image: Oct-09-2006-111.jpg]

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Truly beautiful, our gum trees are the same colour all the year round, only place I have visited and enjoyed the colour of the trees in Autumn is Canberra in the ACT.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

All really lovely. Paricularly love number 3.

Canon stuff.

All wonderful picture... with great colors and composition Smile

I think we are missing some colors over here... normally at this time of the year we have already some nice redish colors in the trees... this year... we don't have them...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanx Pat and W.S for the comments.

Irma, Sometimes you just have to wait it out and it comes eventually. Last fall I waited too long and went out at the end of October, it was too late. Didn't wanna make the same mistake again! Smile
Appreciate your input Irma... (danke)

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Wonderful pictures! These brilliant colors!

Thanks for your kind words, Janika. We are indeed a bit worried that we might not have such a colorful autumn this year. Some of the trees seem to go from green to brown directly, without the usual yellow and red. If you look at the leaves, they look ill. I blame it on the heat wave we had this summer, it was nearly 2 months with high temperatures and very little rain. Not good for trees that are already weakened by pollution. Sad

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

lovely.One of the nicest parks in Canada.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post