Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

soft stuff

The windowless house I'll tell you about on another thread when I've done a small series.
The snowdrops and crocuses I took today in my garden.
NONE of these flower shots was in any way processed apart from a small saturation adjustment. Not even the contrast was touched(I have my conversion default set to lower contrast).
The reason for this is why I shot at f1.4 on my 50mm: at full aperture there is a really neat halation effect from the lens' softness that I feel really works. The lens gets razor-sharp by f2 but this was not the effect I was going for(I know, a bit daft I suppose)
I've included 2 crops of the same shot(the inset being just about at 100%) as they both seem to "go".

[Image: 929colST.jpg]

[Image: 955ST.jpg]

[Image: 960ST.jpg]

[Image: 965largeST.jpg]

[Image: 965insetST.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Absolutely right - the softness works a treat. Great vision.

They are very nice pictures Zig. They bring great news ... Smile
I hope I can see them soon in my garden too....

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Dear Zig, these are so beautiful, I loved especially this first one, softness is great touches... Like a painting or I wished to make this Smile
Flowers another beautiful touches, well done dear Zig, fascinated me, but I should say in here too, I visited your web site, Lys was great shot, how lovely and beautiful. Thank you,

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jun 30, 2016, 11:01