Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

stairway to heaven

Took this at The Goodwood Festival of Speed last summer. Not sure why I like it but I do.
Canon 70d, 80mm, f8, 1/125sec. Any comments welcome.

[Image: IMG_0428stairwaytoheaven_zpsdf010e5a.jpg][/URL][/img]

Blue Cast?? Ed.

To each his own!

(Jan 20, 2015, 10:57)EdMak Wrote:  Blue Cast?? Ed.

Thanks for your comment. Certainly the sky in the top flight is bright blue as are the stair background walls but the white shirts are white & the skin tones look correct.
Derek.

It certainly has an appeal for me because of the composition of the three diagonal stairways, and of course the human element. Perhaps a little sharpening would be in order. The blue beneath the stair treads I take to be due to the light bouncing off the blue walls. Nice image Derek.

Peter

Photography is a never-ending journey

How does this look on your Monitor? Ta. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

An image of lines, shapes and patterns - suggests a mono conversion? E.g. -

Cheers.
Philip

Looks a bit hard, on my monitor? Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(Jan 21, 2015, 04:13)EdMak Wrote:  Looks a bit hard, on my monitor? Ed.

Thank you, Ed. That was the intention, to give the image power and punch. (As you often write - To each his own!) Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Hi Webber!
Interesting lines... I agree with Plantsman on that... and I agree that the image works well as a B&W too... a little to much blue/red in the colour version making it a bit to busy for me. Not sure the people and their body language say they are on the stairway to heaven though... especially not the two who seem to have been sent in the opposite direction and are grimly heading down... Big Grin

I had a little different take... I thought one element could be isolated and made into a little "old" looking photo... where was this guy going and why.... all that time ago...

Anyway... thanks for the share and thanks too to Ed, MrB and Plantsman for their ideas... all good learning.

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Thanks very much for all the helpful comments. I also turned it mono but I particularly liked Rolfs grainy mono crop. Thanks again.

The OCD part of my brain wants it rotated about 1 degree clockwise, so the panels are vertical, like MrB has done (I think). I do prefer the color versions though.

Similar Bob, but it was the "horizontal" lines that got to me, so I rotated the scene to try to make them horizontal! Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post