Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

the plough.

Captured image on slow shutter speed to get movement in the subject.

Attached Files Image(s)

Well held at 1/15 sec. Worth a sky insert. Ed.

To each his own!

(Jul 27, 2014, 12:54)EdMak Wrote:  Well held at 1/15 sec. Worth a sky insert. Ed.
Thanks Ed, will place one in.

Great Tel, I find myself drawn to explore this scene for the story it tells but also all the fascinating detail. Must be a ploughing competition for ancient equipment I guess?

(Jul 29, 2014, 08:56)Freeman Wrote:  Great Tel, I find myself drawn to explore this scene for the story it tells but also all the fascinating detail. Must be a ploughing competition for ancient equipment I guess?

Hi Freeman, Your right, its a ploughing match for old tractors and is held annually in Staffordshire, UK. Quite a popular contest thats held annually all over the UK either before sowing the fields with corn or after the harvest. I have since placed in a sky to add to the picture.

Let's see the sky? Ed.

To each his own!

I like this image a lot, especially the way it shows movement on the tractor tyres while the main part of the picture is sharp

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

Tel - you have captured a great shot of ploughing.

Other things in the image are a distraction from the power and movement of the tractor, and the skill and concentration of the driver in creating the furrows. Those distractions include the sky, the white windows in the distant building, the other tractor, and the other people. So I would crop to 5:4 to remove most of those distractions, clone to remove the others, and tone down the remaining sky, to really focus the viewer's attention on the ploughing:

Sometimes less is more.

Just my opinions, of course.

Cheers. Smile
Philip

This was a very good image to begin with. I like what MrB suggested and did with some post-processing. Removing the miscellaneous artifacts really helps. Brings the attention of the viewer to the main subject. You can tell the operator is very serious about the way his equipment is performing. I really like the motion of the tractor's tires and the soil turning over from the moldboards of the plow. The angle this shot was taken is very good. I don't think I would do much more with the sky as the very light shadows of the tractor indicate that it was not a real bright day. Probably a little dreary. Very nice picture. I really like it. Having grown up on a farm, I can relate to the picture. Have a GREAT DAY!

Jeffrey Anderson

Another take, I feel the spaciousness is lost on the crop, sky is optional. My thoughts. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(Aug 2, 2014, 11:04)EdMak Wrote:  Another take, I feel the spaciousness is lost on the crop, sky is optional. My thoughts. Ed.

Thanks for all the constructive criticism, good points guys.Rolleyes