Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

video with dslr's

Having to use the rear screen of a dslr for video is pretty awful. There are numerous versions of viewers to fit rear screens costing £300 upwards and none i find very practical. They can't be detached easily, are bulky and expensive.

I have an improvised one, cheap and light that folds down very small and when fitted flips up so you can access the rear of the camera.
Part of an old medium format camera i had years ago. I have riveted a piece of aluminum to it, hinged so it can flip up. It attaches to the camera hot shoe.

An eye piece also hand made from a scrap of aluminum and a some rubber wet-suite
attaches via Velcro.
I've been using it about 3 yrs and found it an indispensable video tool. It folds down very small to pack and eyepiece attaches quickly. I'm sure these old fold up viewers can be found on the net. Mine (mamiya) has removable lens. You could purchase a lens to suite your glasses.
I know it looks ragged, but it has withstood years of travel jim t

Attached Files Image(s)

I absolutely LOVE stuff like this! Beautiful!

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thank you! :0)

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post