Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

water bottles

Themos flasks are one of the most common and important utensil in any Chinese household.
For one thing, many houses do not have hot water, so you have to go outside to a water station to buy hot water
for about 3 cent US per bottle (ca. 1.5 litres). Or, like my appartment, hot water is only available in one room, for me this is the bathroom and I still use the flasks to carry hot water to the kitchen for my dishes.

Students have to get water from a central point on campus, they use it to wash their face (no showers!), hands, make tea etc.

so when you walk the campus, you see dozens or hundreds of these thermos flasks, left outside while their owners are in class or having lunch at the canteen.

On the campus I visited today, they were literally lining the canteen building.

[Image: 63_bottles1.jpg]

[Image: 32_bottles2.jpg]

Enjoy!

Uli

I find your images and descriptions of the Chinese culture very interesting. Keep up the good work.

Jim

I didn't see this one in the morning. I like very much what you are sharing with us from China...
I like to see that people can leave their thermos out there and they will be there when they come back....
This tell a lot about respect, I think...Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Sep 7, 2015, 11:49
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 20, 2015, 11:36