Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

what's behind door number three

I saw these doors and was intrigued by how close they were and their strange positioning. I wanted to capture it, but I'm wondering if the pole holding up the third doors entry way is too distracting? Give it the wringer....[Image: doornumber32.jpg]

I like it. The post doesn't bother me at all. I might have cropped or cloned out the window fragments on both sides though and burning in the top slightly to deepen the shadows would help keep the stairs from leading the eye out of the frame. Overall it's good. I'm fond of door & window images anyway.

ADK Jim

Good eye on the windows. I'll crop those out. I'll try my hand at burning too. Thanks.

D.J.

I think Jim gave a complete comment on your picture.

I just want to say that I like it a lot, and the detail of having the upper door open makes the picture to me... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I like the erratic placement of the doors and windows, and there's a lot to explore in this photo. It's an engaging scene that leaves a lot of questions unanswered: what internal configuration could possibly account for the positions of the doors, and where do those stairs go? The blurred figure and the mop are really great details, but it's the open door at the top that makes the image. I like it very much.

I'm also really enjoying the way this image gives such a strong sense of the world continuing (erratically and haphazardly) beyond the edges of the frame. So I'm going to say that you should keep the partially cropped windows. I might like to see it with the bottom curb level -- I can't tell from the image if the road is actually level, and somehow I doubt that it is, but a little modification with rotation and perspective control might fix the civil engineer's oversight. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

What a beautiful photo - full of interest and questions.

Canon stuff.