DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Dpreview's roundup of Third Party Lenses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's an interesting roundup of the 10 most interesting third party lenses, by dpreview.

Quote:Here, we've examined ten of the most interesting third-party lenses on the market, arranged broadly by type, from wide-angle and standard zooms, through macro and prime lenses and ending with telephoto zooms. This article is not intended to be comprehensive, (we don't cover telephoto primes for example, or extreme telephoto zooms) and nor is it a review, per se. Where a lens has been tested by dpreview, we've included relevant observations and a link to the full review.
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/6080239...nthusiasts

It's not meant to be comprehensive but it does give some food for thought and alternatives to manufacturer versions, and has some interesting choices as well such as the Samyang.
I see that the Tamron 60mm F2 macro made the list.

Both Zig and I own and love the Tamron 90mm macro, so I am not surprised to see the newer DX version get top grades. If it is anything like the full frame 90, it will be a cracker.
And I must say I'm delighted to see Tokina and Samyang in there. In the UK we don't have much help getting Samyang either as Samyang or badged as anything else( am I right in thinking Poland is our euro-provider here, any UK-ers?) Gosh Toad, you just reminded me, I'd forgotten I was selling my Tamron 90...I'd better get on it... :|