DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Short Walk with the Nikkor Q 135 f3.5 lens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.[Image: xmaswreathSM.jpg]

2.[Image: xmascandleSM.jpg]

3.[Image: treebark2SM.jpg]

4.[Image: woodgrassSM.jpg]

5.[Image: seedsbushSM.jpg]

6.[Image: frostedSM.jpg]
Nice bunch of photos, Don with great depth of field. 4 and 5 particularly appealing.
Thanks Toad. You have to work with that lens but it makes good photos.
Ah Don, is this your new(most recent) lens?
This is a great focal length for textural exploration, isn't it! I love number 4.

...hey...by "work", you mean having to focus it..?! Big Grin

Just had another look: I can see there's a wee tad(and perfectably acceptable) of vignetting at full aperture...but my, it seems distortion-free. I bet you're very pleased with the lens?
Yes I am. It isn't pretty--a little scratched and worn. I had to put a tiny screw in the barrel to repace one that was missing. But for the money I paid it's a treasure. I love buying these cheap used lenses. I get to have new toys for little cost.
I actually love the look of battered old kit. I was browsing through a collection of Don McCullin's war photos the other day, and on the back of the book was a pic of his Nikon F: battered, scuffed and mangled...I thought it looked great. I also remember the feeling of "cred" I had when my old F4(which I'd bought secondhand) started to get worn down to the brass on the corners...I felt like a proper photographer! Big Grin
I know what you mean, Zig