DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: queries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm prevented from posting in the announcements section: is this normal?
No real idea where the "stock" bit of the forums is for news, froth, Old Boys' Reunion and mallarkey to do with the New Site...is there one?
(a long shot) Any chance of setting thread subscription default to "do not subscribe"?
I think you can do that in user CP
Click 'Subscribed Threads' Change settings there.
Then 'Forum subscriptions" Change setting there.

Hopefully !

Oh it doesn' t. I see what you mean Shaun.
They come back for every post unless you tick a little circle..
Hey guys, with thread subscription -
User CP -> Edit options -> Default Thread Subscription mode -> Do not subscribe
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/showth...?tid=12030

Also only moderators and admins can start threads in the announcements forum. This is our soapbox if you will, where we announce stuff to everyone. You can sure reply to existing threads though.

General talk is the right place for members to start new threads about the site etc.

Hope that helps! Big Grin
Got it. Big Grin After this bit ....... User CP -> Edit options -> Default Thread Subscription mode -> Do not subscribe ........ Click update button. Complicated innit Blush

Ah, sorry to be slow in replying...sincere thanks chaps.
(Feb 22, 2012, 17:15)shuttertalk Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, with thread subscription -
User CP -> Edit options -> Default Thread Subscription mode -> Do not subscribe
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/showth...?tid=12030

Also only moderators and admins can start threads in the announcements forum. This is our soapbox if you will, where we announce stuff to everyone. You can sure reply to existing threads though.

General talk is the right place for members to start new threads about the site etc.

Hope that helps! Big Grin

But...but i want to make announcements. I have some rants that I would like to get out.