DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Tomorrow Is Date/Time Stamp Day Of Awareness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Established during the International Photographer's Symposium For The Advancement Of Self-Respect, held in Saratoga Springs New York during the second week of March 2002, April 20 has been designated as Date/Time Stamp Awareness Day.

IPSFTAOSR Chairman Moe Shoeunbluer issued the following proclamation:
"As photographers with a conscience and in the interest of Good Karma, we are all required to give some time and effort to help those less fortunate than ourselves keep from looking like complete idiots. While giving lessons in composition, exposure and digital editing are worthy goals, the time needed to help each and every camera owner we personally know would be prohibitive. It's a virtue to pick the battles one can actually win, so we at the Symposium have chosen to establish this Day Of Awareness to help eradicate the single most pervasive and destructive element in all of photography, the glowing red green or blue date/time stamp in the corner of the hapless amateur's photographs.
On each and every April 20 between now and the end of the world (July 12, 2014) it is our duty to make a list of every person we know who owns a digital or film camera. That's pretty much everyone you know. Over the next few weeks each person on the list needs to be visited and their cameras located with the single purpose of turning off the date/time stamp function. While scrolling through their menu and setup screens it is also permitted to correct any other glaring errors found, but remember to budget your time wisely.
In the case of people on your list who live far away, be prepared to spend at least an hour on the phone trying to walk them through the process.
Good Luck, Good Photos, Good Karma."
Lol... I know people who do that. Annoys the heck out of me...
Such good advice! Off to my parent's house...
Hee Hee Hee, thanks for the chuckle....luckily nobody I know does that!