DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Blue Heron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are shots of a Heron from 2 different times . I tried to wait on him but i got cold and was kind of exposed and i knew he wouldnt lite ( land ) anywhere close to me . The first is a shot of him in flight . The second was shot while i was coming back from a drive looking for barns . The sepia tone isnt photoshopped , i guess you could call it the golden hour .LOL

Thanks for lookin and as always any C/C is welcome .

[Image: 59_web1.jpg]

[Image: 87_web.jpg]

...... Shawn
2 fantastic shots, Drake - among the best you have posted here... I love them both.
Totally awesome Shawn. The colour and mist in the first shot is very atmospheric, and the 2nd one is quite stylish. I might be tempted to crop a bit more of the bottom of the 2nd one though - due to the clump of stuff in the bottom right, but it's great nonetheless.
Drake:

I hope you don't mind - I had a little bit of a fiddle with #2. I just moved the heron over a hair to the left to separate him/her from the trees.

[Image: Drake%20Heron.jpg]
Thanks Both of yall ,

I am very happy that yall like these ..

Toad you know i dont mind yall playin with my shots . But now you have to tell me how you did it . I dont think i am near that good . LOL

Oh yea i for got to say , both of these were in RAW fully manual . YAAAAA !! i think i got some stuff figured out LMAO .

........... Shawn
I think you do have RAW and manual exposure figured out. Big Grin

The PS work wasn't too hard. I duplicated the background layer, and erased everything from the new layer that didn't look like a heron. I moved the new heron to the left and flattened the image. That left the original scene with 2 herons in it. I cloned out the old heron, and painted in the missing tree shadow with a soft brush.

You could do a much better shot with the high resolution original than I did with the little jpeg.
Those are two great shots!
Great work on all the images, originals and the PS'd one! The second image coloration is awesome!
Thanks so much adam and rdegro , i am glad that yall liked these . thanks for the compliments yall are great .

....... Shawn
Love the first one Shawn, mostly because of the mood from the landscape you captured. As for the Heron, I like em up-close and personal! Big Grin
Thanks Janika,

I was waiting to see where it was going to fly but it was waaaaay out of my reach when it lite ( sp ) ..

.... Shawn
These are wonderful pictures Shawn... I really couldn't say which one I like the most... Both are beautiful in its color, mood, composition...

great work... Smile

I like also Toad's pp... great idea and very nicely done...
Thank you Irma ,

These shots were fun to take and i cant wait to try some more. Its just starting to get cold here so i dont know if ill be shooting a whole bunch.

.... Shawn
Oh great pictures, I love them!
Thank you Teri,

.... Shawn