DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Frost Macros (5 images)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out with Irma's macro lens this morning...

[Image: RD0X9378.jpg]

[Image: RD0X9390.jpg]

[Image: RD0X9399.jpg]

[Image: RD0X9402.jpg]

[Image: RD0X9430.jpg]

All pictures taken with flash, 180mm, f22 at ISO 100.

Thanks for looking.
Wow - excellent work! The crystal structures are amazing. I kind of miss this now living in Vancouver - we don't see much ice. #2 is my personal fav.

On further looks, the dichotomy between the barbed wire and the frost is pretty amazing as well...
I went out with the same gear to the same place and I couldn't get anything a little close to these pictures. I think G did a great job here.

May favs are #1, #4 and #5.
Thanks, you two! Smile

By the way it wasn't that early in the morning as it may look. Closing the aperture to f22 eliminates nearly all daylight, the background was already pretty dark before pp.
Beautiful!!

I think 4 and 5 are my favorites, but they all make a great series together. Remind me of one day in New York when I went out like this and my hands were FREEZING... I have heard there has been snow in Mannheim,
how about the North?

Merry Christmas!!!

Uli
Number 5 for me - but all are a great examples of macro work.
Nice to see your stuff again...though Irma does keep us informed of your acquisitions!
That lens is a very good additional reason for the sharing side of a marriage!
I add my kudos. These are wonderful.
Thanks a lot! And have a merry christmas, everybody!

@Uli: No snow here in the North, everybody keeps dreaming of a white christmas for another year... And the frosty decoration is thawing away already. Bloody gulf stream! :/

@Zig: I'm really happy I could talk Irma into the change from Nikon to Canon. Sharing both the addiction and the system is great. Tongue