DSLR Photography Forum
Dreaming of Fiji - Printable Version

+- DSLR Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Digital Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Photo Showcase (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Dreaming of Fiji (/thread-12924.html)

Dreaming of Fiji - shuttertalk - Jun 27, 2012

Not even a week has passed since returning and I'm already dreaming of my next trip to Fiji... Big Grin

Anyway, here are some photos of my recent trip which I use to console myself... Big Grin

#1 - Resort Grounds, The Pearl South Pacific

#2 - Outdoor dining "bure" or hut

#3 - Sunset

#4 - Beach and island silhouettes

RE: Dreaming of Fiji - shuttertalk - Jun 27, 2012

The second half of our trip, we stayed at an island resort. Think blue skies, sunny beaches and crystal clear blue water, and you'll get the picture.

#5 - One of the islands from the ferry

#6 - View from the jetty

#7 - Beach on a rare, overcast day

#8 - Infinity pool

RE: Dreaming of Fiji - Don Schaeffer - Jun 28, 2012

I can tell you know how to take pictures.

RE: Dreaming of Fiji - Kombisaurus - Jun 28, 2012

Looks fantastic Jules. I hope you had a great time.
I'm sick of winter already. Did you bring some of that weather back with you?

RE: Dreaming of Fiji - Pavel - Jun 28, 2012

Great place Jules - I wish I was there - but too far to swim. I am too afraid of sharks :0

RE: Dreaming of Fiji - shuttertalk - Jun 28, 2012

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments!

Adrian, I got a shock when I stepped off the plane back in Australia at night - going from 30+ degrees C (86 F) to 4 degrees C (39 F) was a bit of a rude welcome back... Big Grin

Pavel, apparently you can swim with the sharks there... although I wasn't game to try it out. Big Grin

RE: Dreaming of Fiji - squirl033 - Jul 1, 2012

marvelous! alas, one of the many fabulous places i'll never get to visit... i shall have to make do with photos like yours...

RE: Dreaming of Fiji - shuttertalk - Jul 1, 2012

Thanks... although you've got pretty spectacular scenery round your parts as well! Big Grin

RE: Dreaming of Fiji - Toad - Jul 1, 2012

Great photos, Jules.

My wants a purse size camera with a viewfinder that delivers good results, and I've been steering her towards the X10. Its nice to really see what it can do.

RE: Dreaming of Fiji - matthew - Jul 2, 2012

These look fantastic. They make me jealous, and I'm in the middle of my best month of the summer right now. That pool in particular is almost enough to make me think that swimming might be a fun thing to do. Big Grin

RE: Dreaming of Fiji - shuttertalk - Jul 2, 2012

Thanks Rob and Matthew...

Rob, I find I've been using the viewfinder less and less though - because I find it too inconsistent in framing. Also, if there are multiple subjects in the frame you don't know which the AF has locked on, and run the risk of getting a sharp background and blurry subject.

I only use it in difficult situations in harsh sunlight, or if I feel like just capturing a quick snapshot.