DSLR Photography Forum
Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Printable Version

+- DSLR Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Digital Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Photo Showcase (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane (/thread-5852.html)

Pages: 1 2

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Petographer - Jul 2, 2006

It was Canada Day yesterday and Tom Cochrane and Red Rider were in Surrey to perform for 2 straight hours before the fireworks display at the Cloverdale Millennium Amphitheatre. He played all their big hits. Here are just a couple for now. Smile

[Image: CRW_6075-web.jpg]

[Image: CRW_5993-web.jpg]

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Toad - Jul 2, 2006

Great shot of Tom - you must have had prime seats...

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Petographer - Jul 2, 2006

Thanks Toad. No seats. The crowd kept me on my feet. Litterally. I was right up front 3rd person from the barricade. I shots most with my 50mm 1.8 Mk1.

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Petographer - Jul 3, 2006

Do my photos really suck that bad that 35 people can look and only one can reply? :mad: Last photo I waste my time posting. Never again, I've had it!

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Russt - Jul 3, 2006

G'day Peto, first time I have logged on for a while and I had this one earmarked for a post but you beat me to it.

really like the first shot I think you nailed it.........you get a sense of the vibe, well captured and #2 puts you right in the there!

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Toad - Jul 3, 2006

Frankly, Colin, I'm inclined to agree with you. It is becoming very unrewarding.

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Petographer - Jul 3, 2006

Thank you Russ. I know there are a few who appreciate other people's time. I hate to come across as a whiner but I'm fed up and couldn't bite my tongue. But instead of going on about it in a rant I'll just refuse to ever post another image. I'll continue to comment on others who take the time to share their photos.

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - NT73 - Jul 4, 2006

Petographer.. That would be sad as you have posted a lot of interesting pictures, and comment on others work.
I have just logged on today, and although I was logged on last night your post was not displayed then. (or if it was I never noticed it, too much wine at the BBQ.)
Having said that, being deaf, music doesn't do much for me anyway, so I may not have commented anyway. Sad being an ex musician who cannot enjoy it any longer.
Some folks may not feel they have the right to comment on others work especially if they are really classy photos (like your cat pictures for example) while others look, appreciate and may not have the time.
I could not reply to every photo I see that I like, or I would not have time to have a life, or go out and take shots of my own. So be glad 35 people have enjoyed your work.

Another 3 posts and you reach 3333 Big Grin

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Pat - Jul 4, 2006

I look at all the photographs posted, I am a rank amateur and feel I dont have enough experience to comment on photographers who are so much better than I am, there are probably others who feel the same way. Tongue

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Polly - Jul 4, 2006

Petographer Wrote:Do my photos really suck that bad that 35 people can look and only one can reply? :mad: Last photo I waste my time posting. Never again, I've had it!
No - your photos don't look at at all bad. As a matter of fact I reckon the first one's a belter, though I'm afarid I know nothing much about that sort of music and performance and ain't ever heard of Tom wotisname. Julian Bream or, better still, John Ogdon is more my kinda style, sorry.

PDQ Bach is the ultimate, of course. Big Grin

I see what Toad says here and that reminds me of a similar situation in ADI. Speaking for myself - I suffer more and more from what I call forum fatigue so I'm spending less and less time online, less and less time on any board.

I'm not shooting much either these days, just pottering along with one or two small projects of my own
and occasionally posting a little here and there.

Pol

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Petographer - Jul 4, 2006

Thank you very much for your comments Zig, Pat and Pol. Btw Pol, It's always a treat when you show up.Smile As far as my original comment goes, I stand by it. At least for now.

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Polly - Jul 4, 2006

Petographer Wrote:Thank you very much for your comments Zig, Pat and Pol. Btw Pol, It's always a treat when you show up.Smile As far as my original comment goes, I stand by it. At least for now.
Awwww - y'know you'll always be my favourite Conklin, even though you never did send me that boat I won way back when we were all a few years younger. BTW - I note you're back into boat building so that's great. Maybe I'll win another one and you can cruise it over here for delivery. Big Grin

Thing is - I'm just not getting around as much as I'd like so I don't have anything much worth sharing. A long, hard and cold Winter, now we're having an insufferable heatwave ....... and all my savings gone on a new laptop after my PC went belly-up so that scuppered any chance of a few days away in the camper and it can be a bit depressing seeing pix of all the places I can't get to.

See - I'm just a bit of a miserable old hag, no use to man nor beast. Sad .............. Big Grin

Pol

Polly Wrote:
Petographer Wrote:Thank you very much for your comments Zig, Pat and Pol. Btw Pol, It's always a treat when you show up.Smile As far as my original comment goes, I stand by it. At least for now.
Awwww - y'know you'll always be my favourite Conklin, even though you never did send me that boat I won way back when we were all a few years younger. BTW - I note you're back into boat building so that's great. Maybe I'll win another one and you can cruise it over here for delivery. Big Grin

Thing is - I'm just not getting around as much as I'd like so I don't have anything much worth sharing. A long, hard and cold Winter, now we're having an insufferable heatwave ....... and all my savings gone on a new laptop after my PC went belly-up so that scuppered any chance of a few days away in the camper and it can be a bit depressing seeing pix of all the places I can't get to.

See - I'm just a bit of a miserable old hag, no use to man nor beast. Sad .............. Big Grin

Pol
Hrrumph..

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Petographer - Jul 4, 2006

Holy smokers Pol. You aint no old hag.Big Grin Geez! Btw, I'm not building those big luxury yachts any more. I'm at a dealership with smaller pleasure craft. You just send me your mailing addy and I'll have one sent out on yacht transport.Big Grin

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Keith Alan - Jul 5, 2006

This is the first time I have seen these photos, and I'm rather jealous.
Petographer,
being in the music biz (sound engineer), it always pains me to see other photographers presented with better lighting than I'm forced to deal with.
The first is choice material, of course. Awesome.
The 2nd has a perfect blend of fan emotion and original/effective lighting.
Never seen something similar before, and it works very well.

Sometimes the best audience for one's work is busy living their own life.
Be patient, my brother.
Do you shoot for yourself, or for praise on an online forum?

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Irma - Jul 20, 2006

I haven't been to one of those events with my camera... and probably without camera either... and I would love to do it... It must be such a fun taking pictures there... Smile

I love your first picture... It shows a lot of the sentiment of the singer... the second one is also great... the detail of the Canadian flag in the corner looks fantastic... Smile

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - guerito - Jul 20, 2006

Great shots, Colin! #1 is a cd cover, and #2 might well be the back side of it. Smile

I only saw this thread now that Irma bumped it up. I'm afraid I didn't even try to catch up with all the posts here while I wasn't there. But let me tell you your pictures don't suck.

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Wedding Shooter - Jul 20, 2006

Peto - I only just saw this thread. I like the first picture especially - concert photography is always difficult.

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Petographer - Jul 20, 2006

Thank you for your comments Keith, Irma, G, and WS. I am very proud of these shots. It was a fantastic evening. Smile

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Paul.R.Lindqvist - Jul 24, 2006

The first is my favourite, you really captured the vibe. Great job Colin.

Have any more ? must have pressed the trigger more then twice.. ?

/Paul L.

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Petographer - Jul 24, 2006

For you Paul, I'll do it. Wink Most of these were shot using my 50mm f1.8 mk1. Good thing I was very close to the stage.
I removed non-working links. See images below.

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Wedding Shooter - Jul 25, 2006

Peto - the links are not working.

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Paul.R.Lindqvist - Jul 25, 2006

awwww thanx colin! but the links refuse to work!Sad

/Paul L.

Happy Canada Day with Tom Cochrane - Petographer - Jul 25, 2006

[Image: CRW_5957-web.jpg]

[Image: CRW_5962-web.jpg]

[Image: CRW_6044-web.jpg]

[Image: CRW_6021-web.jpg]