DSLR Photography Forum
Blue Heron - Printable Version

+- DSLR Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Digital Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Photo Showcase (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Blue Heron (/thread-6699.html)

Blue Heron - Banded Drake - Dec 23, 2006

These are shots of a Heron from 2 different times . I tried to wait on him but i got cold and was kind of exposed and i knew he wouldnt lite ( land ) anywhere close to me . The first is a shot of him in flight . The second was shot while i was coming back from a drive looking for barns . The sepia tone isnt photoshopped , i guess you could call it the golden hour .LOL

Thanks for lookin and as always any C/C is welcome .

[Image: 59_web1.jpg]

[Image: 87_web.jpg]

...... Shawn

Blue Heron - Toad - Dec 23, 2006

2 fantastic shots, Drake - among the best you have posted here... I love them both.

Blue Heron - shuttertalk - Dec 23, 2006

Totally awesome Shawn. The colour and mist in the first shot is very atmospheric, and the 2nd one is quite stylish. I might be tempted to crop a bit more of the bottom of the 2nd one though - due to the clump of stuff in the bottom right, but it's great nonetheless.

Drake:

I hope you don't mind - I had a little bit of a fiddle with #2. I just moved the heron over a hair to the left to separate him/her from the trees.

[Image: Drake%20Heron.jpg]

Blue Heron - Banded Drake - Dec 23, 2006

Thanks Both of yall ,

I am very happy that yall like these ..

Toad you know i dont mind yall playin with my shots . But now you have to tell me how you did it . I dont think i am near that good . LOL

Oh yea i for got to say , both of these were in RAW fully manual . YAAAAA !! i think i got some stuff figured out LMAO .

........... Shawn

I think you do have RAW and manual exposure figured out. Big Grin

The PS work wasn't too hard. I duplicated the background layer, and erased everything from the new layer that didn't look like a heron. I moved the new heron to the left and flattened the image. That left the original scene with 2 herons in it. I cloned out the old heron, and painted in the missing tree shadow with a soft brush.

You could do a much better shot with the high resolution original than I did with the little jpeg.

Blue Heron - adam - Dec 23, 2006

Those are two great shots!

Blue Heron - rdegro - Dec 23, 2006

Great work on all the images, originals and the PS'd one! The second image coloration is awesome!

Blue Heron - Banded Drake - Dec 24, 2006

Thanks so much adam and rdegro , i am glad that yall liked these . thanks for the compliments yall are great .

....... Shawn

Blue Heron - Janika - Dec 24, 2006

Love the first one Shawn, mostly because of the mood from the landscape you captured. As for the Heron, I like em up-close and personal! Big Grin

Blue Heron - Banded Drake - Dec 26, 2006

Thanks Janika,

I was waiting to see where it was going to fly but it was waaaaay out of my reach when it lite ( sp ) ..

.... Shawn

Blue Heron - Irma - Dec 27, 2006

These are wonderful pictures Shawn... I really couldn't say which one I like the most... Both are beautiful in its color, mood, composition...

great work... Smile

I like also Toad's pp... great idea and very nicely done...

Blue Heron - Banded Drake - Dec 27, 2006

Thank you Irma ,

These shots were fun to take and i cant wait to try some more. Its just starting to get cold here so i dont know if ill be shooting a whole bunch.

.... Shawn

Blue Heron - Teri - Dec 28, 2006

Oh great pictures, I love them!

Blue Heron - Banded Drake - Dec 28, 2006

Thank you Teri,

.... Shawn