DSLR Photography Forum
Street Life - Printable Version

+- DSLR Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Digital Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Photo Showcase (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Street Life (/thread-9796.html)

Street Life - Toad - Mar 13, 2009

I will never be a great street photographer like Don S. and some others here - I am too self conscious about taking pictures of people. Here are a few attempts from my recent trip. All were taken in Marrakech.

A young mother brings her child home from school.

[Image: Family%20Arch.jpg]

Afternoon winds toward evening in the Medina.

[Image: Street%20Life.jpg]

A slow night for this vendor in the Djemaa el Fna square.

[Image: Slow%20Night.jpg]

Guys like this look dangerous at night, but I never felt at risk once in the dark and winding streets of the Medina. Moroccans are friendly and helpful and sincerely believe in hospitality to strangers.

[Image: On%20the%20Corner.jpg]

Pouring rain in the Souks of Marakech.

[Image: Rain%20in%20the%20Souks.jpg]

Street Life - Polly - Mar 14, 2009

Well I think they're wonderful. I'm a great fan of street photography. I reckon you've captured the general feeling and atmosphere very well. I especially like the first one.

>

>

Maybe you and Don could meet up and persuade him to take you on a photographic safari on a Winnipeg bus. I'll remember Don's bus shots and that spoil-sport supervisor until my dying day. Big Grin
I recently bought a small Leica p/s specifically for street shots. I haven't had the opportunity (or the nerve) to use it on the street yet though. The UK laws on public photography are tightening up further and further atm - though Press Photographers and others + the Police Federqation are working together towards an acceptable Code of Practice.

Pol

Street Life - Toad - Mar 14, 2009

Polly Wrote:Maybe you and Don could meet up and persuade him to take you on a photographic safari on a Winnipeg bus. I'll remember Don's bus shots and that spoil-sport supervisor until my dying day. Big Grin
I recently bought a small Leica p/s specifically for street shots. I haven't had the opportunity (or the nerve) to use it on the street yet though. The UK laws on public photography are tightening up further and further atm - though Press Photographers and others + the Police Federqation are working together towards an acceptable Code of Practice.

Pol
Thanks Pol! My son recently bought a Leica D-Lux 4. It looks like a great camera and should be just what the doctor ordered for street photos...

Street Life - Wedding Shooter - Mar 15, 2009

Number 2 is really special Toad - The figure in blue contrasts very nicely with the rest of the scene.

Street Life - jericho - Apr 24, 2009

Rob,

Long time no talk! WOW! Love #2. You nailed the exposure. Love how you captured the light.

JT

Street Life - Wedding Shooter - Apr 24, 2009

Hey Jericho - good to see you around.

Street Life - Don Schaeffer - Apr 25, 2009

These shots are ravishingly beautiful. No dirty bus window filter either. I really enjoyed them.

Street Life - shuttertalk - Apr 25, 2009

Hey Rob, nice pics! I can't believe I missed these first time round.

I agree with Jerry - #2 is my favourite for exposure and mood. The diagonal lines of light add great interest to the image.

Thanks for sharing! Big Grin

Street Life - Toad - Apr 25, 2009

Thanks guys for the words. Great to see you again, Jerry!

Street Life - jericho - May 3, 2009

Greetings Rob and Chris!

By the looks of things you two have been up to some fantastic stuff!!

Jerry