DSLR Photography Forum
Panorama - canvas print - Printable Version

+- DSLR Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Digital Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Photo Showcase (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Panorama - canvas print (/thread-9851.html)

Pages: 1 2

Panorama - canvas print - shuttertalk - Apr 10, 2009

Hey guys,

I gave my wife a voucher for canvas prints last mother's day and we're finally getting round to using it. We've decided to go for a 40 x 20 inch print of our Europe trip highlights. I made a panorama of 5 different image slices ... let me know what you think!

I haven't sent it off yet, but hopefully it'll turn out nice as a canvas print. I haven't done one before, so if anyone has any tips on ensuring the best results, please let me know.

Jules

p.s. can anyone guess the 5 scenes? Big Grin

[Image: pano.jpg]

Panorama - canvas print - NT73 - Apr 12, 2009

Can but guess...Eiffel Tower, Trevi Fountain, Sistine Chapel-Vatican?, Back canal in Venice and the last one is not what I thought it was.
It looked like you were up the campanile in venice in St Marks Sq. but no another guess Athens? although it looks quite adriatic in style.
The bell tower is a popular thing in europe. Quite a lot of them.
Nice panoramic collage.

Panorama - canvas print - Wedding Shooter - Apr 12, 2009

I think these are the first photos we have seen from your Europe trip Jules Smile

Not that I can talk - you haven't seen mine either Big Grin

Panorama - canvas print - shuttertalk - Apr 14, 2009

Thanks guys Smile

NT73 - wow you really know your places! Middle one I'm not exactly sure - can't remember which church it was. No 5. is the bell tower in st. marks square as you said. Big Grin

Panorama - canvas print - NT73 - Apr 19, 2009

I have holidayed a bit. Wink I did not remember two campaniles in Venice. My first holiday abroad around 1967 was to Rimini via Lake Como and Venice, by Coach. My derriere is still tender. Rolleyes

Panorama - canvas print - shuttertalk - Apr 19, 2009

Yeah, not sure what the other tower is... but I loved going up all the bell towers especially in villages and such - gives an aweome view of the surrounds.

I sent off the file to be printed last week - should be arriving today or tomorrow! Can't wait... Big Grin

Panorama - canvas print - adam - Apr 20, 2009

So exciting!
I just sent a photo for panorama canvas print on Saturday! Smile

May I know where you're sending yours to? Let us know how it turns out!
How big are you getting it done? Big Grin

Panorama - canvas print - shuttertalk - Apr 22, 2009

Hey Adam, we used brilliantprints.com.au ... hasn't turned up yet - supposed to come yesterday but my wife rang them and they said it's still in their studio. Sad Oh well.. I'll let you know how it turns out. Big Grin

How about you? Who did you go with?

Panorama - canvas print - adam - Apr 23, 2009

shuttertalk Wrote:Hey Adam, we used brilliantprints.com.au ... hasn't turned up yet - supposed to come yesterday but my wife rang them and they said it's still in their studio. Sad Oh well.. I'll let you know how it turns out. Big Grin

How about you? Who did you go with?
I used them too! But I ordered on Saturday.

They said 4 working days, before they have it ready, it's 4 working days and didn't hear from them yet! oh noez!

Panorama - canvas print - shuttertalk - Apr 23, 2009

Yeah call them up... my wife had to do so a couple of times. I'm sure they're a good company, just seem a little lax in their admin / workflow...

Today they emailed us an invoice for the full amount, even though we used a voucher I purchased earlier, which is supposed to cover the entire cost. When my wife called up to ask, they said, 'oh all our records were lost a few months ago so you need to physically post the voucher to us so that we can verify.'

Um... ok... Big Grin

My wife took a photo of the voucher before posting just in case they happen to lose that too... Big Grin

Panorama - canvas print - adam - Apr 24, 2009

I just logged in and it says "Status: Frame made"

I read on their website
"Your canvas prints will be ready in 4 days

It normally takes just 4 working days to create your canvas prints (plus freight)."

It's more than 4 days and they've just made a frame!
Ok, I'm not complaining, just impatient Big Grin haha
EXCITED! too excited Smile

Panorama - canvas print - NT73 - Apr 24, 2009

adam Wrote:I just logged in and it says "Status: Frame made"

It's more than 4 days and they've just made a frame!
It might be a zimmer frame for the frame maker! Big Grin Patience is a virtue...Miracles today, the impossible takes at least 4 days.

Panorama - canvas print - shuttertalk - Apr 24, 2009

Hey mine came yesterday! It looks fantastic - when I put it on the wall I'll post a pic of it... Big Grin

Panorama - canvas print - adam - Apr 24, 2009

I thought everything is instant microwavable Big Grin

I'm just excited Big Grin

Panorama - canvas print - adam - Apr 28, 2009

I just got a beautifully written email saying that my canvas is being shipped!
how excitingnessment!!! Big Grin

Panorama - canvas print - shuttertalk - Apr 28, 2009

Haha, does it say "I personally saw your canvas being stretched over the frame... blah blah"?

Panorama - canvas print - adam - Apr 29, 2009

YES! Big Grin

but it didn't say "This email is just a template to make you feel special - you will get this exact same email the next time you make an order and it won't be exciting anymore".

Panorama - canvas print - shuttertalk - May 3, 2009

Hey all, haven't hung it up on a wall yet, but just thought that I'd take a photo of the canvas to give you an idea of what it looks like. The slightly white sheen is from the flash bounce and the curvature is from lens distortion Sad...

It actually looks really nice in real life - lovely detail, rich colours, nice texture and I'm really happy with it.

[Image: DSC_6195.jpg]

Panorama - canvas print - adam - May 4, 2009

Looks wonderful
I particularly like the Venice shot! It really puts depth into the canvas and looks like the man is standing out of the canvas!

Panorama - canvas print - adam - May 4, 2009

I'm still waiting for mine Sad

Panorama - canvas print - shuttertalk - May 4, 2009

Aww that's annoying! Did you try calling them up? On their website they claim a 4 day turnaround time... you should definitely express your dissatisfaction...

Panorama - canvas print - adam - May 5, 2009

After all that anticipation, it's finally here!
Super happy!

[Image: RIMG0718.jpg]

Panorama - canvas print - NT73 - May 6, 2009

I am glad everything went (almost) as planned and no real problems. They look great, both of them. And like Adam says the gondolier looks like he is standing on the shelf.
Do you feel that you have got value for money.

Panorama - canvas print - adam - May 7, 2009

I am happy with it.

Relative to all other places I've seen, this seemed best value for money. The other places seemed to only make standard sizes and cost more.

I'm very satisfied everytime I look at the canvas Smile

Panorama - canvas print - shuttertalk - May 7, 2009

Definitely worth it... we've got heaps of photos in frames around the house - this one stands out like a centrepiece. Given the price though, it's not something you'd get everyday but it's well worth it IMHO.