Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Macros from the garden.

I think this year we will have lots of different butterflies.... Smile

[Image: IMG_2748-Edit.jpg]

After a rainy morning...

[Image: IMG_2771-Edit.jpg]

This got it from the garden but the picture was taken in my little studio... Just to have good light... Smile

[Image: IMG_2826-Edit.jpg]

Thanks for your comments... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi Irma, lovely shots.........really like the washed out look in #2,,,,,,,was this done in pp?

the light and detail looks good in your snail pic

#3 works for me - I like the texture of the leaf that you have captured in particular.

#2 & #3 are stunning, gorgeous, etc etc

Great work Irma!

#3 and #2 is really standing out. Nice framing.

Is it that warm already in germany ?

Its -1 celcius here in sweden . Sad

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile

Russ
This wash out look, kind of desaturated is a technique I work when I have flowers with a very difficult color, like purple, red, or when the background of the picture doesn't match well.
I make a sepia version of the flower, and then blend it to color mode and reduce opacity. Then work with contrast and there it is.

Paul
At the beginning of the month, we had already temperatures between 13 and 17 degrees. Sorry, to know that you in Sweden are still with cold weather.

Paul Cezanne

I like the flower and how you have made it to look like a butterfly.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

very nice photos Irma , I like 2 and 3 best too .

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Irma, your photographic journey over the past year or two has impressed me greatly; you're always willing to engage with new ways of working and you just seem to have a knack of imbuing your work with a kind of observant gentleness. I am too impatient to get macro shots like this! #2 is lovely.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Thanks so much for your comment Shawn, NT... Smile

Zig, Thanks so much for your thoughts about my pictures. You can't imagine how much they mean to me...

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Dec 13, 2017, 15:50
Last Post by GrahamS
Nov 1, 2017, 03:56
Last Post by EnglishBob
Aug 27, 2017, 10:08