Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Old Power Station (new 350D pics)

Bracket? That's something you use to hold bookshelves up with, right?

hehe.. no I don't use the camera's bracketing functions at all. I think they're a good idea, but it's so easy to do the same thing manually and have more flexibility from shot to shot, so I don't bother with the built-in bracket functions.
I do manually bracket to cover myself regularly though, but I usually do so not because I'm unsure of the exposure but because I want to bracket the DOF, shutter speed or ISO to try to get the best quality image I can but still have a "safety" shot.
When I'm shooting the shot I just concentrate on capturing as much detail in the exposure as I can (ie exposing the shadows without blowing the highlights). A quick glance at the histogram after taking the shot tells me if I've got everything I need in there. The fine-tuning to get it looking the way I imagine it, I do on the PC later. Same with White Balance - I don't think I've switched the WB on the 350D off auto, but I always tweak it manually when looking at the RAW's on the PC.
The DPP software is my new best friend Smile I think its the first piece of software that's come bundled with a camera that I've actually liked and found really useful.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Messages In This Thread
Old Power Station (new 350D pics) - by adam - Apr 3, 2005, 04:31
Old Power Station (new 350D pics) - by adam - Apr 3, 2005, 05:22
Old Power Station (new 350D pics) - by guerito - Apr 3, 2005, 06:03
Old Power Station (new 350D pics) - by Irma - Apr 3, 2005, 06:10
Old Power Station (new 350D pics) - by adam - Apr 3, 2005, 06:32
Old Power Station (new 350D pics) - by adam - Apr 3, 2005, 08:26
Old Power Station (new 350D pics) - by Kombisaurus - Apr 6, 2005, 10:18

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 19, 2017, 14:33