Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blush

Fantastically put together shot Paul,

Really professional.. I'd swear you'd just posted an advert straight out of a magazine.
Unlike the others though, I'm glad you *didn't* use a rose in this shot. I think the nectarine (or is it a peach) has a fantastic colour and texture and contrasts beautifully with the blue fabric. It also makes the image a bit more original and therefore memorable than if there were a rose in there IMHO.
It also provides an excellent splash of colour in the reflection of the letters that spell out "Blush", and the silver cap.
But I agree that it perhaps doesn't suit the name "Blush" as much as a Rose might... but I guess it also depends on how the perfume smells, as both a rose and peaches evoke the idea of very different smells. Still, maybe it is the name of the perfume that needs changing, not your photo Wink

I am a little curious about the shot itself though. You say it was a 30-sec exposure at f/36 which seems quite extreme given the lighting conditions.
I can understand wanting a tight aperture to get a large depth of field (and that would obviously slow the shutter speed down accordingly), but I would have thought f/36 would not only be more DOF that you actually need, but is pushing the lens out of its "sweet spot" and actually decreasing its sharpness. I've heard a number of people say that most lenses start to get softer when the aperture is closed up tighter than about f/16. I would have thought a 7sec shot @ f/16 would have given pretty much the same result, but possibly with optimised sharpness.
Obviously the shot is lovely and sharp, so I'm not trying to fault it here in any way... I just thought there might have been another reason you chose these settings, or that your lens is an exception to the rule or something, or that you really did need f/36 to get everything in focus. I'm just curious about it.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Messages In This Thread
Blush - by Paul.R.Lindqvist - Jul 2, 2005, 15:59
Blush - by Irma - Jul 2, 2005, 16:20
Blush - by Paul.R.Lindqvist - Jul 2, 2005, 16:30
Blush - by Petographer - Jul 2, 2005, 17:39
Blush - by Paul.R.Lindqvist - Jul 2, 2005, 22:51
Blush - by Petographer - Jul 2, 2005, 23:39
Blush - by guerito - Jul 3, 2005, 00:07
Blush - by Paul.R.Lindqvist - Jul 3, 2005, 00:43
Blush - by Kombisaurus - Jul 3, 2005, 01:14
Blush - by Paul.R.Lindqvist - Jul 3, 2005, 01:46
Blush - by Paul.R.Lindqvist - Jul 3, 2005, 14:39