Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Grand Day Out in Early Spring(1:The place)

First, so sorry I've not been sociable for a few days; have been inordinately(pointlessly?) busy in a creative flurry with making music and photos.
On Tuesday I visited a local garden, which was landscaped with a hint of rococo. Though not an excellent example of rococo, this place a few valleys away in Painswick is famed for its snowdrops.
Please bear with this series: I've kept entries down to the very best I could do.
Note, all are taken with the 90mm macro; also, as I had to vary ISO/ASA, I was really awakened as to some of the creative possibilities with higher "film rating" with apertures as tiny as f.35...soft, yet somehow more painterly at the web-ready sizes.

[Image: colourviewRSE-1web.jpg]

The above is contrejour(obvious really), just to give you the location...
The second here is taken from about 2 yards away in the same conditions but facing more northwest...a totally different "head" on my shoulders as the composition sorta "spoke" to me in mono terms...

[Image: polesRSE-1web.jpg]

More of the actual garden in a while, with snowdrops and (yes) Zig going macro for first time..

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Messages In This Thread
A Grand Day Out in Early Spring(1:The place) - by Zig - Feb 3, 2006, 02:54

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 12, 2017, 01:13