Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello from a new member

Hello to all,

I am a new member of the site and indeed new to the world of digital photography beyond "full auto" mode. Now I have to admit that my knowledge of photography is not exactly expansive, infact, it's miniscule, but we all have to start somewhere, right? I previously owned a Sony Cybershot point and shoot camera that gave me adequate results but I always yearned for more and being something of a gadget freak anyway, the lure of the digital slr became too much for me and I took the plunge and purchased a Canon EOS 450D with the kit lens. Initially, I found the camera somewhat intimidating, the sheer range of available options to change and adjust was mindblowing when compared to the old Sony. Not to mention the fact that I had (some might say somewhat stupidly) bought a camera without having any real idea of how to use it...lol. But that's why I am here, to learn. Due to ill health I have quite a lot of time on my hands and so, photography is one of the ways I have decided to use the time more constructively. I also purchased a training dvd specifically for the Canon model I own. Its been useful but I am still struggling to get my 40's something head around all the various aspects of the camera operation and the principles of photography in general but such is life and practice makes perfect eh :-)

Well, thats enough waffle from me for now, look forward to chatting and learning with you all.

Best wishes
David

Welcome to Shuttertalk David.
You will find a lot more newbies here. (Mind you, they have been newbies for around 20 years.)Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Welcome to Shuttertalk.

The great thing with the Rebel is you can start on automatic, and slowly take over more of teh control yourself as you progress.

Look forward to seeing some of your images.

Welcome David.

Canon stuff.

NT73 Wrote:Welcome to Shuttertalk David.
You will find a lot more newbies here. (Mind you, they have been newbies for around 20 years.)Big Grin
Dear NT, you made me smile again... Smile if they have been newbies for around 20 years, I can't imagine myself Smile

You are welcome David, as you understand I am new one too, and also digital camera is new for me too. I use Canon 500D, and I have been learning still my new camera. Nothing seems easy but I love photography. You will find here, there are so nice photographers and all their works are a kind of inspiration, power for me. You should take more photographs with your camera as it has been told to me, we need to practive more and more. Actually I can't go out as before because of my health issues but there is always an idea for a picture at homeSmile

Nice to meet you, I would like to share with you and to see your photographs too.

Have a nice and enjoyable time,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thanks for the welcome messages, I appreciate it. I've been having a look about the site and have been impacted by how friendly everyone seems but I must admit I find the idea of posting a few shots a little intimidating, the work I have seen from some of you guys is so impressive and mine seem so, well, unimpressive in comparison. Objectively I know this is something probably most feel to begin with, so I'll try to get over my apprehension and post something in the next couple of days. Thanks again for the warm welcome messages

Cheers
David

Hi David,

I am a member of a camera club, and we have competitions 9 times a year... I pick my best shots to enter... then i have a couple of friends look through my rejects and have them pick out some.

On average I score better with their choices, I think your own eye will always find more faults in your own work.

DeltaHotel66 Wrote:Thanks for the welcome messages, I appreciate it. I've been having a look about the site and have been impacted by how friendly everyone seems but I must admit I find the idea of posting a few shots a little intimidating, the work I have seen from some of you guys is so impressive and mine seem so, well, unimpressive in comparison. Objectively I know this is something probably most feel to begin with, so I'll try to get over my apprehension and post something in the next couple of days. Thanks again for the warm welcome messages

Cheers
David
Hi David, don't think that unimpressive in comparison. I am not so good too, and I know there are so nice photographers and most of them are professional photographers and have a great experiences in this field. But as you said, there is always a beginning for photography and I do believe we can improve. Just feel free about your photographs and take more pictures and share with us, I do the same. I am learning what I should do or what I shouldn't do. The subject whatever you wish, what impresses you, what you find enjoyable and exciting you should try David. I would like to share with you, have a nice day and nice shots,

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Hello Delta Hotel,
My name is Brad Cooper and I live in the Suburbs of Chicago and I have joined this sites just couple of days ago, so I introducing myself to everyone on this website. I am a Junior Photographer which is my part time profession, but I am very interested in taking good picture and I will be uploading my pictures and I hope that every one will appreciate my creation. This site has very vast information regarding photography that I also will be able to learn lots of new stuff. This is my short and sweet introduction, hope everybody like's it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Apr 3, 2019, 00:00