Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Today's Bride

Just got home from the wedding and thought you would like to see the beautiful bride I had the pleasure of photographing today.

[Image: Bride1.JPG]

Canon stuff.

Stunning.

Yes - very beautiful.

Great pose too.

Yes, she is a very beautiful girl... Smile

I like a lot the colors of the flowers and the wall...

I enjoy looking at the different settings you take your pictures, and how much experience you show making their places to look so nice...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks everyone,

I was a bit concerned about the green - but it worked out well. Shot with my new 35 1.4 at f1.6 - that lens is amazing.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Chris, a beautiful woman, with engaging, open face (slightly stiff perhaps?). I love the skin tones a great deal. The lighting is pleasing and and soft enough. Wide lens gives a sense of intimacy, but I would have her arm closer to her body. It is out of focus and disproportionately large ( a penalty of going wide, I think). Overall, it is a pleasure to look at this photo, my niggling comments notwithstanding.

Pavel

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Totally agree about the arm and I was waiting to see who would notice it. The room was very small so I had to shoot wide and really don't like her arm.

I couldn't get it much closer without her being uncomfortable/blocking the flowers too much - but I didn't work hard enough to get it just right and that annoys me Wink Better next time - but she is very happy with the shot and I guess that is what matters.

Canon stuff.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Better next time - but she is very happy with the shot and I guess that is what matters.
She should be. ..and its really hard to focus on the arm with that face smiling at you...

LOL - have to agree Toad. She does have a winning smile.

Canon stuff.

Wonderful photograph Chris, I loved the flowers too. You captured so beautifully, well done,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Fantastic Chris! I remember seeing this in-camera on Saturday and the colours and light popped right out of your LCD screen just like it does here. Awesome job with the lighting.
I'm glad you like the 35L. It's such a nice lens. The only thing that prevents me using mine a lot more is that I also love using my Sigma 50 wide-open, so when I pack my camera bag it is often a tough choice between taking one of these two lenses. The 35L is a much nicer lens to use (better AF, etc) but the images from each are about as good as each other.

Thanks again for Saturday, I will get my photos to you this week. Unfortunately I can't compete with shots like this, but I hope Catherine and Tim will be happy. It seems they were after quite a different feel to their wedding than the one you were shooting.
Incidently, do you do your RAW processing in DPP, Lightroom, or something else? Do you want them given to you with a few preliminary adjustments made to them already? There were some shots I took with a particular style of processing in mind.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for Saturday - I am sure your work will be excellent. I am now working exclusively in Lightroom. So if you want to do some prelim edits go for it and just export the catalogue.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Very beautiful photograph!

The 35L is one of my favourite lenses Big Grin

Thanks Adam.

Canon stuff.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Just got home from the wedding and thought you would like to see the beautiful bride I had the pleasure of photographing today.
Two things seem odd to me.
The back of the bedding where it meet the wall looks like a double exposure.
The green B/G is a little dark/too strong.

And the arm as someone has already noticed.
Otherwise very pretty subject and photo.
Without the critique, a stylish shot that anyone would be proud of.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Sep 4, 2017, 05:14