Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bottles and leaves

Very much of my time this year I spent it reading and learning things that in some way were not too related with photography at least not directly related... reading the bio of an interesting painter like Chardin, has been something that motivated me a lot to work on my still life photography. Watching some videos on line from a designer, who kindly shared her knowledge to the world to learn how to appreciate art in general, and how to find inspiration was also very interesting....

I did some work this year I feel happy with, but it was not so much as it was in the past years... I still don't know whether I should take this as a step back or just part of the process..

Thinking about including some stills in my autumn series, I worked these pictures... glass has become a very interesting subject to work with, and specially wine bottles.

I hope you find my work interesting.

[Image: IMG_4893-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4895-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4948-Edit.jpg]

Thanks for looking... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

This is a great concept, Irma - I really like what I am seeing. The textures of the glass and the leaves are in tension - but the draped fabric mutes the tension.

I prefer the composition of #2 - but I like the contrast of #1.

Well done!

Hi Irma, this is so artistic. You are so beautiful by all these works, the colours, the glass and the leaves and the composition are great. Especially number 1 and 2, they are great. You are very successful in still life photography, always your works so impressive and exciting for me, Thank you for sharing with us, you bring so nice and inspirational photography. This was super.

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thanks a lot for your comments... Smile

Toad, G also said something about tension in this series... and I also think that the fabric creats a lot as we see in #3... it looks a bit more cold, however, I like it because of the contrast of straight lines of the bottle and the irreglular edges of the leaf.

I was tempt to crop it square, so the pointing edges would make a nice shape and kind of interaction with the background...

nia, I worked my colors thinking that the blue of the bottles was the sky... a blue sky... and the leaves were on a field of golden grass... Wink

Paul Cezanne

Love the composition in 1 and 2 - 2 being my favourite. Lovely work Irma.

Canon stuff.

Thanks Chris... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Thanks a lot for your comments... Smile

nia, I worked my colors thinking that the blue of the bottles was the sky... a blue sky... and the leaves were on a field of golden grass... Wink
Do you know Irma, when I think of you, your beautiful works come up to my mind; these are so beautiful, this is your artistic photographical part.
Wonderful how you thought of them, blue sky and leaves...

You are welcome and thank you once again,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Plantsman
Nov 24, 2014, 12:59
Last Post by MrB
Nov 24, 2014, 12:15
Last Post by Don Schaeffer