Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Career

Well - some of you may remember that apart from photographing weddings I also work for a German company named Faber-Castell. I have been there 17 years and am currently the State Manager for Western Australia.

As the wedding business has grown it has been harder and harder to find the time to fit both things in my life and still sleep at night. I have 27 weddings booked for 2010 so far - the most I have ever had in advance. My life is starting to look kind of crazy.

Early in November I was offered a job as a Pastor at my local church 3 days a week (not running the whole show - just part of a team). After praying about it with my family we have decided to take on the job. This will free up two days a week to work on the business and mean less stress and more sleep Smile

It will also mean I will be doing the two things I love:

My faith and my photography. This is like a once in a lifetime chance to work my dream job and I am so excited about it.

My first week at the church starts in the third week of January - after we come back from the Philippines.

Here is a link to our church if anyone is interested in checking it out.

http://www.victorylifecentre.com.au/

Blessings,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Congratulations! This is truly wonderful news. (I am so jealous...)

Those are wonderful news Chris... I am very happy for you...

All the best in this new career... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Wonderful Chris - great of you to take the "leap of faith" so to speak. Big Grin

Awesome that you can make your passions full time now...

That's brilliant news for you Chris. I know you'll be great at it.
Congratulations!

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Congratulations. Smile

Congratulations Chris, I wish you all the best in your new career.

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Best wishes Rev. Big Grin
You will probably shoot me down in flames now, and say they don't call pastor's Rev. Tongue See if I care.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Congratulations!! What a great start into this still fresh new year!
I wish you all the best in you new and your not so new career, I have great confidence that you will
be doing a wonderful job.

Best, Uli

Wise choice. I wish you well.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Congratulations. It's quite something to be able to combine such excellent opportunities.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks Everyone - start the new job on Monday. Quite excited actually Smile

Canon stuff.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Thanks Everyone - start the new job on Monday. Quite excited actually Smile
you are welcome Chris, this is so nice, I mean to be excited, these are all so nice. Good Luck, and I noticed now this Faber Castell Smile I think we all have something on our desk/in our life of this company! I love Faber products... Smile

Best wishes,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Hi Nia - Very big in Europe as they are a German company. Infact they have a partnership with a large Turkish company named Adel. Have you heard of them?

Canon stuff.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Hi Nia - Very big in Europe as they are a German company. Infact they have a partnership with a large Turkish company named Adel. Have you heard of them?
Hi Chris, yes, I know Adel (1969), they made us to meet with Faber; Faber is a great company too, from 1761...

http://www.adel.com.tr/

My son's, all his projects (in architecture) were done by all Faber products, even for me too, for my paintings,... and I am an old mind Smile still I write on paper all my literature works with pencil... Faber is in our life. I noticed this when I read you. Smile

Thank you,
Have a nice day and nice weekend,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams