Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Casio EX-FH100 High Speed Compact

Of the many new product announcements at CES (the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas), this one caught my eye today. Casio has announced the EX-FH100 high speed, high zoom compact format camera, with a 10 megapixel backlit CMOS sensor (which is supposedly twice as sensitive as normal CMOS sensors), and a 24-240 equivalent zoom.

Where the "High Speed" comes in though, is a high-burst mode which allows 40 frames per second - yes, you read that right. It also does movies, at 120, 240, 420 and even 1000 FPS. This is simply astounding - I can imagine some awesome bullet-shot-through-apple movies, or water droplets in slow motion.

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/casio_ex-fh100/

They've also leveraged the high frame rate for another feature - built in HDR - where multiple shots are combined into one image.

Great to see that they're pushing the boundaries.

I've been watching this camera for nearly a year, it was announced in a science magazine very early last year. The proposed price tag was going to be very high from what i remember.

Hmmm..... Followed the link in the other thread and the price is actually about half what they were predicting. £279 or around $4400 converted, if the usual price difference happens it should be even cheaper in the US.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post