Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Storm Approaching

During my recent vacation at a resort in northern Florida, it rained a bit every day. On this day in the early evening a real thunderstorm was approaching, just before the dinner hour. Fortunatlely, we were stll in our room, and I could record this image safely from the balcony. Soon after, the weather cleared and everything dried up in the 100F heat.

The resort is on the Gulf of Mexico and thankfully there was no evidence of oil on the water or on the beautiful, white sandy beaches. The pool pictured in this image was handy for a refreshing dip every day in the early morning.

.....Dennis

[Image: Storm%20Approaching%20.jpg%20Resize%202]

I like the flow of this picture. I wonder if the contrast could be picked up to make it crisper?

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Very nice work - captures the mood perfectly.

With the storm clouds above, I imagine the scene would look like this. You have a high vantage point. Wink

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Very nice picture, Dennis.

I like a lot the reflection of the trees in the pool. Very nice light and mood. Beautiful texture in the clouds too.... Love the pinkish horizon... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Wonderful dear Dennis, you captured so nicely the stormy day, how strange, we like this in the photography this stormy day Smile But should be so bad while in the holiday!!!!! Anyway, you did a nice shot like a poetical touches...

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Phil J
Mar 29, 2014, 16:51