Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Greetings from your long-lost Fogo Island friend!

Hi all! First off, my apologies for being away for so long. Due to my poor health keeping me bedridden, it has been two months since I last posted pictures; in fact since I even TOOK any pictures! Yesterday was the first good-weather day in quite some time, and I was determined to finally get outside with my cameras and take advantage of the great weather.

I was curious to see firsthand the new studio for visiting artists that was completed this summer, close to the town of Joe Batt's Arm, a short drive from my home. The radically styled structure is one of many being built in various communities across Fogo Island, all of them designed by internationally acclaimed architect Todd Saunders. This studio is much larger than it appears in pictures, at over 100 ft in length. There is no road to the studio, so I had to walk the last km or so over the rugged coastline. A herd of close to 100 caribou crossed the trail in front of me!

I thought I would share some of my images of this interestingly unique building. All were taken handheld with my Sony DSLR, using both my Sony 18-55mm and Minolta 50mm f/1.7 lens.

Glen
http://www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC03409_stitcha1000pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC03451a1000pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC03424a1000pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC03427a700pix.jpg]

Wow!! Great pictures and an amazing structure. Welcome back.

Wow indeed, those are great pictures, and it's quite a remarkable building. You've captured it superbly.

I hope you're well and looking forward to winter. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Yes. These are really sympathetically shot, relating the building to the space quite adeptly.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Thanks Toad, Matthew and Zig. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.
Glen

camperbc Wrote:Thanks Toad, Matthew and Zig. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.
Glen
Hi Dear Glen, I am so glad to see you back, welcome! But I wasn't here too, it's like a thousand years for me Smile I missed you all so much and yes, photography too! I lived some negative days and I've been still dealing with my healthy problems but now, I am much better, Thanks God and my family and my doctor!

These are excellent, I will show to my son, I am sure he would like too! You did a great pictures, well done, it is so nice to hear you again, take care, many greetings and love from Istanbul,

Thank you,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 1, 2017, 15:51