Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Two by the lake

Both of these taken on Isola Bella, Lake Maggiore, on the penultimate day of my Italy jaunt. I'll post the EXIF if anyone's interested.

[Image: OH_1261b-WEB.jpg]

[Image: OH_1180web.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Wow!! #1 is amazingly solid - I could write a story about what I see.

An interesting pair, and quite the juxtaposition from your Lake Maggiore gallery.

I can see why (top photo and in general) you've gotten such good use from your 21mm; the depth and strength of the lines is very powerful.

The second image is quite the puzzle - I see signs and text before anything else, and the placement of the sign, the holes in it, and its mere existence is quite striking. (I have to wonder if it's part of a series as public art, or if it's a single installation.) The two people add to the mystery, as they look like tourists on day trips, but it's not clear exactly what they're up to. It's an interesting scene, and I like the way you've put the elements together.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by czkid
Feb 13, 2015, 05:42
Last Post by vlad
Apr 19, 2013, 12:11