Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Smelling!

Nice to meet you, Nia!

1)
[Image: IMG_3440a.jpg]

2)
[Image: IMG_3443a.jpg]

She was in the garden this morning, whose cat I don't know, but she watched me while I was taking her pictures Smile

Smelling!

3)
[Image: IMG_3476a.jpg]

4)
[Image: IMG_3479a.jpg]

5)
[Image: IMG_3480a.jpg]

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Hi Nia, thanks for sharing!

I've had a few opportunities to take pictures of my neighbour's cat too! Big Grin
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4324

That was a while back though...

shuttertalk Wrote:Hi Nia, thanks for sharing!

I've had a few opportunities to take pictures of my neighbour's cat too! Big Grin
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4324

That was a while back though...
Yes, it was a long time ago Smile But yes, I haven't seen before. I've seen now, so lovely!

As I told in there too, in my city there is a lot of cats and whenever I go out for a walking I can take so many pictures of them. I should be lucky, most of them are giving pose to me, like a model!

Thank you so much dear Julian, you are so nice.
Have a nice and enjoyable day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Hi, my dear friend Nia. Greetings from your Fogo Island friends! I just have to take a minute to say Hi, and to tell you how much my wife and I always enjoy seeing your posted photos, and these cat pics are no exception. Very nicely done indeed!

I hope you and your family are doing well, and enjoying yourselves as much as we are here on our beloved Fogo Island! Perhaps one day you and your husband will come to visit us in Newfoundland; I think you both would enjoy our picturesque province very much!

Looking forward to seeing many more pictures from you!

Love Glen and family
FocusOnNewfoundland.com

camperbc Wrote:Hi, my dear friend Nia. Greetings from your Fogo Island friends! I just have to take a minute to say Hi, and to tell you how much my wife and I always enjoy seeing your posted photos, and these cat pics are no exception. Very nicely done indeed!

I hope you and your family are doing well, and enjoying yourselves as much as we are here on our beloved Fogo Island! Perhaps one day you and your husband will come to visit us in Newfoundland; I think you both would enjoy our picturesque province very much!

Looking forward to seeing many more pictures from you!

Love Glen and family
FocusOnNewfoundland.com
Hi dear Glen, how nice to hear you too, I am one of your fan, especially about these FOGO Island photography. And yes, yes, one day we really want to visit, I can die for this Smile But you can tell me which season/time is the best for the travel to there, it would be nice to have a dream from now on Smile

We are all fine, my son, he is working in another city and my husband works very hard, I am at home with my cat and with my crazy world (painting, knitting, photography etc.)

Thank you so much, greetings and love for you and for your wife and your daugther,

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Good use of the camera.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Don Schaeffer Wrote:Good use of the camera.
Thank you dear Don, I love cats but I also love my camera too Smile When they come together, it is great fun for me Smile

Have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Hi Nia,

The best time to visit Newfoundland, and in particular Fogo Island, is during the summer months of June to August, as the weather is perfect, and it is best for viewing many huge icebergs and whales. Our summers are quite warm and dry, with temps often reaching the high 20's (80F) Our island is completely covered in various wildflowers and berries during these months. My wife picks wild blueberries by the bucketful on the hillside directly behind our house, and uses them to make delicious jams, pies and many other goodies. The ground is completely blue from so many berries!

But winters are also very beautiful here, as I hope my pictures have shown, with everything a pure white, with lovely ice formations in the bays and harbours. Snowmobiling is a common winter recreation here, and a lot of fun for all ages. Winter comes late to Northern Newfoundland, and we never have a white Christmas. We cannot snowmobile until usually the end of January, at the very earliest. Surprisingly, it does not get nearly so cold here as it does in much of the rest of Canada, with daytime highs in mid-winter of around the freezing mark, and nighttime temperatures dipping to just a few degrees below freezing. We get the odd blizzard, but generally there may be a foot (30cm) or so of snow on the ground at any given time from Jan through March.

I wish that everyone could get a chance at least once in their lifetime to experience firsthand this special place that I call home.

With love from Glen and family

camperbc Wrote:Hi Nia,

The best time to visit Newfoundland, and in particular Fogo Island, is during the summer months of June to August, as the weather is perfect, and it is best for viewing many huge icebergs and whales. Our summers are quite warm and dry, with temps often reaching the high 20's (80F) Our island is completely covered in various wildflowers and berries during these months. My wife picks wild blueberries by the bucketful on the hillside directly behind our house, and uses them to make delicious jams, pies and many other goodies. The ground is completely blue from so many berries!

But winters are also very beautiful here, as I hope my pictures have shown, with everything a pure white, with lovely ice formations in the bays and harbours. Snowmobiling is a common winter recreation here, and a lot of fun for all ages. Winter comes late to Northern Newfoundland, and we never have a white Christmas. We cannot snowmobile until usually the end of January, at the very earliest. Surprisingly, it does not get nearly so cold here as it does in much of the rest of Canada, with daytime highs in mid-winter of around the freezing mark, and nighttime temperatures dipping to just a few degrees below freezing. We get the odd blizzard, but generally there may be a foot (30cm) or so of snow on the ground at any given time from Jan through March.

I wish that everyone could get a chance at least once in their lifetime to experience firsthand this special place that I call home.

With love from Glen and family
WOW! Sounds so nice and exciting, dear Glen. But I've been already fascinated by your beautiful photographs. Really I think to make a voyage to the Fogo Island, one day... We talked with my husband too, he wants too. I hope and wish we can make it real in the near future, it depends so many things of course, but we took this dream in our plans for the future.

Thank you for your nice sharing, you are so nice as always, greetings and love for you and for your family,

Have a nice and enjoyable day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams