Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Off to Fiji!

Hey all,

Just letting you know that I'll be off to Fiji tomorrow - escaping to tropical paradise for 6 days! It's winter over here at the moment so it'll be nice to get some warm sunshiney weather for a bit. There is supposed to be free wifi in the resort so I'll try to check in once in a while but no guarantees...

In a bit of a shock decision, I've decided not to bring along my Canon 7D, opting instead to use my wife's Canon compact and also a little waterproof camera for snorkelling. I just thought being on the beach all day and in the water, it'll probably be a bit impractical lugging 2kg of gear around, worried about it getting stolen, soiled with sand, etc.

Anyway, see you all in a bit!

Julian

What did he say – he's buying a Fuji??? Big Grin

Have a great trip, and I wholeheartedly support the idea of just bringing the compact and a waterproof camera. They're fun.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Have a great trip... when I go on vacation these days it's a hard choice... Golf gear or Camera Big Grin

I also thought "but he doesn't have a Fuji...."

Have you and your family a great trip Jules... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I also have to admit that I was wondering why someone who lives in Australia would need to go away on vacation – but then I remembered: "Melbourne". Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Have fun Jules! Talk to you soon.

I thought Fiji was in the southern part of the world, therefore it will be winter there as well. :/
I know it's not in europe anyway. Big Grin

Its high summer in the UK, and peeing it down at the moment, with balmy temperatures around 15-18 C. Brr. Cool

Have a nice holiday.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Have a nice trip dear Julian,

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Yep, I thought he said "Fuji" as well.
Have a good one. Big Grin

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by matthew
Jun 25, 2012, 19:29