Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Slaughters

Now, don't worry: there are 2 villages in the Cotswolds called The Slaughters...I think so-called because of the area's connection with a particularly nasty battle in the English Civil War in the 17th century.
However, the name totally contrasts with the actual place, and it is as stereotypically "Olde Englishe" and bucolically pleasant as if one had distilled all the "England" clichés and put them in the form of a jigsaw puzzle or picture-postcard.

This shot was taken at f11 with the 21mm lens, which gave a speed of 1/128s at ISO 100.
In the early evening the colour temperature was very warm...and in between the Japanese and French tourists wandered this little family, complete with little kid and puppy, as if on cue.
One of the pleasures of a 21mm lens is that one can be seen apparently to be pointing the lens somewhere else than at the people one wishes to photograph!

Also, I thought I'd show you a "100% crop", just to give you an idea of what things look like :

[Image: 34_inset.jpg]

And here is the complete and uncropped image below: it is less than 300kb but I've tried to get it at a viewer-friendly size.
( I'll shortly be posting a bit of mini-journalism in the "journo" section on this breif but interesting visit)

[Image: 34%20copyWeb.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Spectacular! ...and not a Jocolbite to be seen...

I love the second image

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Very nice muted colour. The family definitely add to the scene.

Some terrific shooting (sic) sites, around the Cotswolds.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Beautiful picture Zig... I like your post processing as well. The sky and all details are great... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Yes, dear Zig, when I read the title, to be honest, I hesitated to open it, but now, I can see what was it. Smile I always found stange and interesting village names. There are some of them in my country too.

And yes, your amazing photographs... I loved both of them. And I want to say, your photographical style is very impressive. And I can recognize them... The mother and her child and he dog, again gave a special touches to the photograph. Actually people in their natural way, standing so beautiful in the photograph. They complete or add a story to them. I loved it dear Zig,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams