Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Animals(4 images)

Outside Bath abbey is a pleasant open square which is a great place for people-watching. Sadly, the town planners seem to want to fill open spaces with boards and photos, ruining the confluence of architectural lines in a bid to tweak or make a pc point.
However, for the snapper, "must needs" and all that: whatever agoraphobic sits on the planning committee determined to truncate the wide views for which this Regency spa town is justly famed, has inadvertently created a different set of opportunities for a photoist.
This wildlife-themed collection of display boards, for instance, can be used to suggest things about the human animal in a symbolic way:

[Image: 2425web.jpg]

[Image: 2432web.jpg]

[Image: 2438web.jpg]

[Image: 2455web.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Interesting group. Let's talk about #4 first as it is the most *different*. This one leaped out at me right off the bat - excellent subject matter, composition, and processing. First class all around.

#3 is the most effective for me because of its multi-layering. There are animals at 4 layers (5 if you include the Homo Sapiens). Wondefully layered and conceived.

#2 is poignant - the bird and the sad girl are great counter-points.

Super series. Thanks

They are all so nice and standing so meaningful, I am impressed so much. But the last one fascinated me so much. You captured such a beautiful moments in there, dear Zig, Thank you,

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

I prefer the third. Smile

The fourth irritates me somehow. Nothing at all wrong really with the shot, but I just think back to a comedy show on TV, where a guy is painting landscapes /whatever and then picks up a brush laden with black and sort of attacks the painting.
Don't get me wrong Shaun I am not knocking your work. Just saying how it comes across to me.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 3, 2016, 10:22