Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My London Trip

My wife wanted to see the sights, and I only wanted to see the places I worked at in 1957.

We went by Virgin "Grand Central Train' . An express service from the north to Kings Cross station London. A posh train with monopoly and cluedo boards marked on the tables, (the game can be had by asking the guard). It also had wifi and electric sockets on each table for laptops et al.
The first 1 1/4 hours were quite slow, stopping at all main stations, but then we picked up speed and try as we may, we could not read the station signs we passed . They were just a blur. Smile

Now as senior citizens in the UK we get free bus travel and many concessions on other things. So we caught a bus to about 1 mile from our hotel and walked the rest, arriving at around 2.30 pm.
We then set off to the west end via the Houses of Parliament and of course my camera battery went dead and my spare was in the hotel Rolleyes Back we went and then returned to continue.
We walked till the leather on our shoes was smoking, and then had a breather and a glass of wine. More walking followed until we realised that it was 7.30 pm. We caught the tube back to near our hotel for speed.
Showered then went looking for eateries. Found a nice cheap Thai restaurant, and retired back to the Hotel at around 11.00 pm. End of Day one.

Day Two - Very hectic, Not stopping for much other than fish & chips for lunch finishing up with an Evening bus tour eventually finishing back at hotel at 9.30 and then a dinner .
Day Three - walk to Victoria bus station the bus to Kings Cross for 10.38 back home.
I cannot believe I put on 1 lb weight. Rolleyes

I have collated around 150 shots with J'album and stuck em on my webspace. If you are bored or just want to see around London's West End HERE is the Link

At the bottom left is the slide show button, (or just click the current photo and see them one at a time) and full screen button. No music sorry. At the top is a little tab which gets rid of the thumbnails.
p.s. they are partly taken from moving vehicles so keep the critique to yourselves. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Excellent - I am always happy to see more regulars posting in PS&J. I like your perspective on the trip back - but with your modern eyes on tight with today. Well done.

Tiny suggestion - I don't know much about the sights in Britain. If your gallery will allow you to post a brief caption, I could better identify what I am seeing and follow the story more clearly.

Thanks Toad, and sorry, I thought I had captioned most of them.
I changed the gallery style today and added a few comments. A few pics have titles within the photo itself.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post