Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hi again from Fogo Island!

Although my spine was causing its usual chaos, I managed yesterday to climb out of bed and go outside for a short while with one of my Sony A500's and old Minolta 50mm lens, in an attempt to capture something interesting... right in our own yard, as I was unable to venture any distance. Sometimes I tend to forget just how nice some of these old Minolta lenses really are, so when I do stick one on for the first time in quite a while, I get pleasantly surprised all over again.

So I took a bit of a stroll around the lawn, and came up with these. Not my usual Fogo Island landscapes kind of stuff, but nevertheless, I am looking forward to framing them; perhaps stick them on our bedroom wall to cheer me up on the days I cannot get mobile.

I am hoping that everyone who owns a Sony camera has one of these inexpensive yet superb Minolta 50mm prime lenses. If you don't have one, get one! They are fast, extremely sharp, compact and lightweight, with fantastic colour and lovely bokeh!

Well, hopefully the next time I get up and about, I can get back to exploring some of my island's scenic coastal trails, but I was happy with these quick and easy shots taken within a few steps from my door.

(all were captured handheld with A500/Minolta Maxxum AF 50mm f/1.7 at f/2.5-2.8, ISO200)

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC00327a900pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC00343a900pix-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC00345a700pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC00342a700pix.jpg]

Oh, my friend, these are so beautiful. Especially the first one, fascinated me. Yes, exactly should be on the wall. I am so glad to hear you and to watch your beautiful photographs. You are doing great and yes, as always so inspirational... Do you know, we talked with my husband about Fogo Island, who knows maybe next year we can make a visit... You know how I wish this. Thank you dear Glen, Blessing and Happiness,

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Hi Nia,

It is always so nice to hear from you! My wife and I want you to know that we would be thrilled to have you and your husband as guests in our home on Fogo Island. We hope that you can come and experience the beauty of this place, and its people!

Thank-you for your kind comments, and let's stay in touch.

Glen and family

camperbc Wrote:Hi Nia,

It is always so nice to hear from you! My wife and I want you to know that we would be thrilled to have you and your husband as guests in our home on Fogo Island. We hope that you can come and experience the beauty of this place, and its people!

Thank-you for your kind comments, and let's stay in touch.

Glen and family
You and your wife, you are both so nice, I can imagine how would be a great travel for us. I just dream now. Smile You know everything begins with dream... How long does it take time to be real I am not sure, but yes, my big boss, (my husband) he agrees with me too about travel your beautiful Fogo Island. I am so excited for this. Who knows maybe next year...

Once again Thank you for you both, I would like to meet once again with you too there.

Blessing and Happiness for you all,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post