Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Windsurfing.

Well it looks similar .
It is called an "Owl Butterfly"

[Image: butterfly-1.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Great caption to this one - and frankly, the quality of the photo is far superior to what I expect of a "snapshot". Nice!

I have just changed it. Big Grin From the doctored one to the original.
Thanks Rob.
It was very steamy in the butterfly room and you need about 15 minutes for the camera to acclimatise. And no, I did not put it into a plastic bag. Rolleyes So what the inside of my 350D/Rebel looks like I don't know.
Well Matthew puts his under the tap, (I think it was Matthew) so it must be OK. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

stunning

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

NT, it was me pouring water on my camera, but that's an Olympus E-1. It's a slightly different proposition to do that to a camera that's weather-sealed. Wink

Great shot and a great title. Now you need to make a series of similar insect photos.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

NT - I think the new photo is superior to the doctored one you had before. Good call switching it out.

I didn't see the doctored version, but this version is stunning. Gorgeous colours and the caption is a classic.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

matthew Wrote:NT, it was me pouring water on my camera, but that's an Olympus E-1. It's a slightly different proposition to do that to a camera that's weather-sealed. Wink

Yes, It was a bit tongue in cheek.

Now you need to make a series of similar insect photos.
A series ? I could make a series of the same shot. Big Grin

I will see what time I have got. Smile

Lumix LX5.

Ah, late to the party, sorry...this is excellent; spot on exposure too.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Wonder the way you shot this!!!! Good capture!

(Feb 21, 2012, 22:08)shadygerard Wrote:  Wonder the way you shot this!!!! Good capture!

The butterfly was on a large table along with the banana. I put the camera on the table for stability (macro zoom) and that's it really. Nothing too clever.
There were a lot of exotic butterflies in a heated steamy room. Some were still, others were twitchy or flying around. Wink

Lumix LX5.

An owl butterfly? I wonder why it's called that. Beautiful shot.

Beautiful and reminded me of a shot someone linked me to today here

(Mar 11, 2012, 10:18)J0nes Wrote:  Beautiful and reminded me of a shot someone linked me to today here

Nice. I think they are called glass butterflies. (Makes sense)

Lumix LX5.