Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photoshop Reveals New iPad Apps

I think we're all in agreement that the iPad isn't the photographic workhorse that most people immediately think of, but Adobe is taking a slightly different tack by turning the iPad into a desktop companion. They've announced three applications so far - designed to be helpers to the desktop Photoshop CS5, instead of being graphics apps in their own right.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/pho...d_apps.php

Quote:What's interesting about these applications - not Photoshop replacements themselves - is how they integrate the tablet with the PC, offloading specific tasks to the touchscreen interface. In Color Lava, for example, artists use their fingers to mix colors on the iPad, creating custom swatches and themes which can then be ported back to Photoshop. Adobe Nav, meanwhile, offers a different way to navigate desktop Photoshop's interface. Only in Eazel are actual paintings created - but paintings which take advantage of the touch technology to offer new techniques in blending paint.
Interesting concept - the three apps so far don't sound all that flash, but if they can extend more functionality I think it would be great to have a secondary interactive workspace for power users. The key word here being interactive - where you have a panel that's not only capable of displaying information, but also responds to touch and manipulation with immediate visual feedback (i.e. combination of a monitor and traditional graphics tablet).

Flippin 'eck; piece of paper, some fingerpaints and a scanner. Big Grin

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

The PhotoShop light app on iPhone isn't worth using IMO - and I'm told it ain't much better on the iPad. Using a finger for retouch work isn't precise enough for my taste.

D'you know, I've had a mad thought on this: surely we can't be far away from doing an analogue of actual darkroom dodging and burning, involving holding the hand or a card shape over a sensor or monitor to mimic the photo-sensitive surface of film in a darkroom.
Like most and every "interactive" substitution, pretty damn stupid as you might as well do the actual thing you had fun interacting with in the first place before some ponce started calling in interacting...but hey, just a thought.

(Better out than in, as my grandad would say)
Smile

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Does the app have the some functionality as the soft?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post