Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Christmas / New Year Plans?

Hey all, Christmas and New Year are almost upon us - can you believe it's the end of another year?

Just wondering what everyone is up to over the holidays? Any travel plans?

My last day at work will be tomorrow, and after that I'll have two weeks off. After new year we're planning on going on a three day holiday to a nearby destination down by the beach (it's Summer over here, so perfect beach weather). I'm really looking forward to it, and I'm sure my kids will enjoy the sand and surf as well.

Apart from that, it's the usual family parties and dos over the festive season and we'll try to squeeze in some catch ups with old friends as well.

We started Escrow on our house purchase Monday, I will be packing ready for the big move Smile

I don't think I could get used to Christmas in summer.

I mean all the snowy cards and cold robins and snowmen and Santas from Lapland.
We have a few family friends round Xmas eve for a meal drinks and open a few presents, Xmas day to my brothers home for xmas dinner, Boxing Day- football in the afternoon this year.
New Year is kind of similar. and then we watch everyone go back to work. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT73 Wrote:I don't think I could get used to Christmas in summer.
Yeah it puts your mind out a bit - our version of Christmas lunch usually involves a BBQ, flies and sticky hot weather. Big Grin

Then again I've never experienced a cold Christmas before.. I grew up in Malaysia and it's hot there all the time too Big Grin

EnglishBob Wrote:We started Escrow on our house purchase Monday, I will be packing ready for the big move
Wow, congrats!

Ahh, thanks for the reminder. Time to switch to my seasonal Santa Toad avatar...

thanks for the reminder. Now I do have to put on the snow tires. For us the usual - friends and relatives in 3 waves (our place and theirs, + some eating out, including Christmas, New Year). After New Year out taking snow photos 3 hours north east of Toronto - first with my wife and then separately a trip or 2 with one or 2 of my photo friends.

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Dec 24, 2019, 17:40