Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forest light

light filtering through the trees creates a faerie glow in the forest along a nameless stream between Enumclaw, WA, and Mt Rainier. no one goes here, there is no trail... it's just a little stream that everyone passes right by. but sometimes, the places people pass by have some of the best photos just waiting for someone to step off the beaten path and take them. i liked how the stream seems to flow from the light itself...

[Image: Foreststream.jpg]

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Wow, this is simply amazing. The whole scene exudes such a rich green glow, and you've picked a great composition with very interesting subject matter.

Care to share your post processing tips for this pic if any?

Again, lovely light on this shot. I live just up the coast in Vancouver, Canada. These deep forest shots can be tricky, light-wise.

(Feb 22, 2012, 07:21)shuttertalk Wrote:  Wow, this is simply amazing. The whole scene exudes such a rich green glow, and you've picked a great composition with very interesting subject matter.

Care to share your post processing tips for this pic if any?

thanks! the light is pretty much OOC, but i did bump saturation in the greens and yellows just a bit to make it look really lush and verdant. also applied a bit of Orton effect, to give it a sort of fairy-land feel. here are the settings used to capture the scene:

camera: Canon 5D
lens: Tamron SP17-35 f/2.8-4 @ 18mm, with polarizer
shutter: 1.3 sec in Av mode, -1/3 EV
aperture: f/14
ISO: 400

needless to say, this was shot from a tripod. i also used a remote shutter release, as i do for most all of my landscape shots. i was actually standing with my tripod set up in the stream, to make sure the foreground looked the way i wanted... Wink

~ Rocky

A nice light and composition and I think you have achieved the fairy tale effect.
Just short of a couple of unicorns and a fairy or two. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

(Feb 22, 2012, 16:23)NT73 Wrote:  A nice light and composition and I think you have achieved the fairy tale effect.
Just short of a couple of unicorns and a fairy or two. Big Grin

thanks, NT... i thought i saw Galadriel back in the trees watching, but when i turned to look there was no one there... Big Grin

~ Rocky

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Pegger3D
Jun 29, 2016, 11:11