Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Second Beach sunset

drove out to La Push on the Washington coast to shoot sunset at Second Beach. yeah, i know, the name isn't terribly original, but hey, that's not what people go there for! i arrived about 4:30, poked around a couple of other spots, had some supper, then hiked the 3/4 mile from the parking area to the beach. got there about 7:30, with a couple of hours to kill. there were probably 30 or so people there. by dusk, there were 4 - three other photogs and myself. i was the only one with a tripod, so it was obvious the others weren't planning to stick around. sure enough, as soon as the sun went below the horizon (very brassy sunset, not pretty at all, IMHO), the others left, but i stuck around, and was rewarded about 25 minutes later as the sky lit up in phenomenal colors...

[Image: IMG_8638smrdx_filtered-1.jpg]

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Beautiful silhouette - I love the details of the trees and the little land bridge that the rock formations make. This is absolutely the right stuff for silhouette work - so well done. The rich colours are fantastic too.

Another magnificent Pacific Coast sunset.

thank you, gentlemen!

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Gorgeous silhoette and colours. Well done.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Agreed, with all the above.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jul 1, 2017, 09:54