Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TIPA Awards 2012

Every year, the Technical Image Press Association meet to vote for the best photographic and imaging products. The awards cover all aspects of photography, from compacts to CSCs to DSLRs, and peripherals such as displays, mobile imaging and tablets. The list of winners for 2012 is below:

http://www.tipa.com/english/XXII_tipa_aw...Expand1=70

Of interest in the DSLR camp:
- Nikon D800 - best Digital SLR (Expert)
- Canon 5D Mark III - best Video Digital SLR
- Sony A65 - best Digital SLR (Advanced)
- Nikon D5100 - best Digital SLR (Entry)

For CSCs:
- Fuji X Pro 1 - best CSC (Professional)
- Sony NEX 7 - best CSC (Expert)
- Panasonic GX1 - best CSC (Advanced)
- Olympus PEN E-PL3 - best CSC (Entry)

In the compact category:
- Fuji X-S1 - best superzoom
- Canon G1X - best compact (Expert)
- Samsung MV800 - best compact (General)

The last one was a bit left field to me. All in all, I think all the brands and notables of the past year are pretty well represented. I was expecting to see the X100 there but remembered that it won an award last year already.

Looks like a good list - most of this year's important cameras represented. I expect to see the Olympus OM-D on CSC list next year.

That is an impressively… comprehensive… list. I might be a little suspicious that a Press association is giving out enough awards to prompt so many companies to run a new series of ads with a "Winner!" badge added to them, but I'm sure that never crossed anyone's mind. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Korry
May 9, 2013, 02:43