Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canada gosling

Today on the canal towpath, feeding it's little face with dandelions.

[Image: 1yoE0.jpg]

[Image: cqBRp.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I've had a couple of run-ins with an extremely territorial Canada Goose recently – it seems to think that it's entitled to the spot where I've taken a lot of photos over the years. So while I'm sure this little one is cute and all, I'm still nursing a bit of a grudge.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

(May 6, 2012, 18:42)matthew Wrote:  I've had a couple of run-ins with an extremely territorial Canada Goose recently – it seems to think that it's entitled to the spot where I've taken a lot of photos over the years. So while I'm sure this little one is cute and all, I'm still nursing a bit of a grudge.

It's probably nursing a grudge against you too. Rolleyes

Did it look like this. (This was it's attitude to a dog, and later a pram.) This is the mother or father of the gosling. They all look alike to me. Confused Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Same open, hissing mouth, but mine had its neck snaked down low and ready to strike. That's also about how it looked the five (5) times that it flew at me, except that it was also beating its wings at the time.

Yours seems positively bucolic by comparison.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I think it was warning you off then. Or it preferred a Canon. Tongue

Lumix LX5.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Feb 6, 2014, 22:21