Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is everyone up to?

Hi all, my humble apologies for being quiet these past couple of days - it's been a big week, travelling interstate for work. Yes, super-early starts, long days, then lying half-brain dead in your hotel room at night. I did however bring my Fuji X10, so on the way to and from work, and during my breaks for lunch, I've had a couple of opportunities to wander about and take some street photos.

Nothing spectacular to write home about, but on the walk to work I happened to turn down one alley and found this gem - bird cages being hung between apartments, right smack in the centre of the CBD.

Apart from that I'll be heading to Fiji in two weeks time - really looking forward to that, and will be leaving my DSLR behind in favour of my X10.

What's everyone else up to? Any projects / hobbies / activities / holidays, photographic or non-photographic?

I am through the wedding season now and am preparing to take a team to West timor to do some mission work.

Canon stuff.

Kite season starts with torrential rain. Not exactly tent weather. Decided to stay at home this weekend.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Summer weather is here - a great time to get out. I do have a pile of photos to process - so that will just add.

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Are the cages empty ?

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

@Wedding Shooter - awesome work, Chris... hope you take lots of video again - I really enjoyed the video you shared last time.

@Pavel / NT - enjoy the weather and make the most of it! It's mostly rainy and overcast down under... good thing I'm heading to the tropics in two weeks time! Big Grin

@NT - yeah, strangely I think most of them were empty. I didn't hear any birds in the cages...

4 days of rain out of five, wasn't good odds.
In HK people walk birds in the cages, rather like we would walk dogs. If it is hot and sunny they cover the cage up with a cloth. Most seemed to have a handle below the cage to hold it up with. Apparently they buy them for the song rather than the looks of the bird, but the cages more than make up for that.

Lumix LX5.